Thirty Eight

We were at the door after an hour.
Mom opened the door for us.
'Oh my God!' She was shocked to see us at the door. She had tears in her eyes. I embraced her in a hug.
'How much I missed this little thing.' She said.
'I missed you too, Mom.' I whispered. That was an emotional moment. We were both in tears.
'Oh Zack! How are you now, love?' She asked him.
'I'm fine, finally. Just this eye---' He chuckled.
'Yes I heard about it.' She smiled at him, pulling him in a hug.
We were now sitting in the same drawing room. The same sofa.
'Where's Dad?' I asked her.
'He's in his room. He's not feeling well.' She said.
'What happened to him?' I asked. 'Bolton lost one of his kidneys.' She told us.
'What?' I panicked.
I ran to his room. I saw a feeble man lying on the bed, looking at me.
'Emily!' He said in a surprise.
'Dad!' I ran to his arms and began to sob. 'What have you done to yourself?'
'I'm sorry, love. How are you? And how's Zack? I heard you're back with him.' He said in a weak voice.
'I'm fine. And we're back.' I told him.
'Good to know.' He said.
'Do you still go to work?' I asked him
'No. I'm almost always ill so I have to stay home.' He said.
'Hello, Mr. Bolton.' Said Zack, entering the room.
'Hello, son.' He said, smiling at him.
'How are you doing, Mr. Bolton?' He said, smiling.
'You can see how I am.' He chuckled.
'How did it all happen, Mr. Bolton?' Zack asked.
'Call me Uncle Bolton.' Said Dad.
'I don't really know how this happened but it happened. When I saw the doctor, he said a kidney had gone. I was jobless so I didn't get it cured.'
'Oh my God.' I whispered.
'Get up, Uncle. We'd like to show you something.' said Zack.
'What thing?' asked Dad.
'Get up!' I insisted.
He smiled.
We were in front of the mansion after 20 minutes.
'Here. Take this.' said Zack, smiling at Dad and Mom. He gave them the keys to the house.
'This house is now yours.' I told them.
They stared at us, their eyes and mouth opened with surprise.
'Who bought this?' asked Mom.
'Zack did.' I told her.
'Thank you so much, love.' She whispered.
'I'm sorry, son. I've been rude to you. I'm really embarrassed.' said Dad.
'Oh, no uncle. It's totally fine.'
'Let's check the place out.' I said.

Two weeks later
I was out with Zack on the 4th of July. He wanted to show me the fireworks for the Independence Day. Mom and Dad had shifted to the new house. Ariana had planned to move in with Darren.
We stopped at the place that gave the most beautiful view of the fireworks. They were beautiful.
The place was crowded. They didn't notice they had the Prince around them.
'Hey! Look at that!' said Zack, pointing to something at my back.
I turned around to see what he wanted to show.
'What? I don't see anything.' I said, turning back.
Here's what I saw, Zack was on his knees, holding a ring with a huge diamond.

'Emily, we have really struggled to get to each other. It's been a long ride. It's been a year. I never knew I'd get attracted to a common girl in my high school. You're the one. I'm truly, madly deeply in love with you. It'd be an honor to have you as my wife, the mother of my children.
Miss Emily Bolton, would you marry me?' He said. Yes he did that. I've been waiting for this night since a year. The dream came true. I was so excited that I couldn't find my voice.
'Yes! Yes! Yes!' I screamed at the top of my lungs.
He fixed the beautiful ring on my finger.
Yes it happened! I was engaged! Engaged to a Prince!
It was the best night of my life.
I had a million tears in my eyes. Every single tear was dying to drop for him.
******