Book 2: chapter 13 ~ celebration

The next morning Helke was the first to rise from sleep. She left thranduil to sleep the morning away as she quickly took a cold bath and put on the clothes she had been wearing the day before, though unwillingly as they did not have the most pleasant smell. She silently left the room and tiptoes along the halls, wondering if anybody else was up.
"Helke" she heard a female voice. She looked round but could not see anybody. "Be calm child" it was galadirel's voice however Galadriel was nowhere to be seen! "Come to my balcony" galadirel whispered into helke's mind and helke timidly retraced her footsteps from yesterday and found Galadriel waiting for her.
"You look in better health" Galadriel smiled comfortingly at helke's worried expression. "I have a spare gown if you would like to use it?" Galadirel asked and Helke nodded enthusiastically. Galadriel made a 'come hither' motion with her finger and helke followed as Galadriel lead them to her chambers. Galadriel looked through her dresses before giving one to helke which she thought may fit. Helke changed behind a screen and stepped out.
"Beautiful" Galadriel approved and helke fiddled with her hair nervously. "Why the nerves child? Is your mind on Luca again?" She asked and helke nodded though she felt ashamed to admit it. "Do not fret, your kindness has not gone in vain" Galadriel comforted. To these words helke was curious. "He left last night" Galadriel went on as she and helke walked to the gardens. "He accepted your offer and I myself gave him permission to go free." She smiled. "He wanted me to give you this" she remembered quickly and took helke's palm, placing something cold into it. Helke glanced at Galadriel then opened her palm. There lay the enchanted anklet Luca had strapped on her the first time they had met. It allowed helke to roam in the hot weather and take warm baths as she wished. Along with the circlet, she was closer to an elf then Iceling. But also in her palm was a scrap piece of paper. Helke opened it up and smiled at the usual, untidy writing.
'Do not forget me,
See you soon! Luca'
Helke let a small smile grace her face as she folded the note up and clutched the anklet close. "Thank you" she smiled and nodded to Galadriel.
"I think your return give order for a celebration. What would you say to a party tonight?" She asked and helke flushed with panic.
"Oh, actually my lady, I'm not very- I mean i would not- I hope-"
"That would be very greatly appreciated" thranduil called out in his usual cool tone seeing helke getting into a fluster.
"But-" helke started but grew embarrassed when he saw thranduil giving him a look that made her feel like a child. She looked at a nearby pond, away from the two elves.
"Now it appears that you have embarrassed her" Galadriel told the king in a joking manner.
"She knows I jest lightheartedly. Do you not?" Asked thranduil to helke and she nodded though still felt rather childish.

Helke decided not to tell the king about the anklet and note that Luca had left as it took nearly an hour to calm him down after Galadriel had told him that she had let Luca free. Was flew into a rage that helke had never seen before and began to saddle laure up to track Luca down. Helke had sat with him, reminding him that she was his once again and there was no need for bloodshed.
"What of ringa? Is he okay?" Asked helke as thranduil and helke strolled along the inside corridors of lothlorien.
"He is fine, although he misses you" thranduil reported, watching helke almost dance in her steps.
"And melima?" She asked happily. When thranduil did not answer, only look at her her smile disappeared and she looked upset. "He's dead?" She asked as she felt her throat tighten painfully.
"I am afraid so, he too noticed your absence. I believe he became sick" thranduil said gently as helke sniffled.
"I- I suppose these things happen" helke sniffed, trying to sound mature but felt she would cry at any moment. It felt like all she had been doing lately was cry whilst everybody else handled the situation maturely.
"I am afraid they do with mortal creatures" thranduil agreed softly. The moment reminded him of when legolas was very young and the his bow had snapped. He had looked at it for a very long time before looking up at his father and saying "it's okay, I'll fix it" before bursting into tears and hugging his father's waist as thranduil tried to hold back his chuckles.
Helke however did not burst into tears but swallowed thickly and carried on walking
"I cannot wait to be back in mirkwood" helke tried to cheer herself up. "When can we leave?" She asked impatiently.
"Not until after the celebration lady Galadriel is hosting for your return. It would be bad manners to be absent" thranduil told her and helke sighed. "Although I too wish to return home and reclaim you as my own again" he smiled at her as she looked back at him. "Helke?" He asked once another silence had rested and the two had continued walking.
Helke merely turned her head in his direction.
"When we return to mirkwood, It would take a weight off of my mind if you allowed tauriel and Legolas to train you how to defend yourself" at this helke looked surprise.
"You mean how to fight?" She asked.
"They will teach you how to control yourself in a dangerous situation. I have no doubt anwa will help you with your ice" thranduil continued and helke nodded.
"I've always wanted to learn how to use a bow and arrow properly"