Chapter IV

The sound of the bell sent a signal to all the students that they should begin their way to class for their final period.

Standing up, Briella got her belongings before beginning her way to class. She carried a few books in her hands as she moved through the growing crowd of students in the hallways. She was playing the least bit of mind towards anyone around her.

Briella was preoccupied with her own thoughts, trying to think of some lyrics and what the melody of the song could be.

Subconsciously, her eyes dropped down the few books she carried in her hands. Abruptly, her train of thoughts came to a complete stop when her crashing into someone sent her back to reality.

As a result of this collision, the books in her hands fell onto the ground, some opening onto random pages. "Crap!" Briella growled under her breath as she found herself on her knees, on the ground. Her gaze moved and looked at the person whom she bumped into. It was a guy.

Briella looks at the guy's face. He was tall, - and without a doubt - he was very handsome. He had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. A light stubble stretched across his face.

She also noticed his wide frame. He looked robust, but she wasn't surprised. She got to experience that little speckle of all the strength stored in him when they collided with one another.

"Crap, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" he asked. Briella was slightly taken back when she sensed the concern in his voice. Without her notice, the guy kneeled beside her. He helped her gather the few books that were on the ground.

It was only when Briella took all of her books back into her hands that she answered him. "Yes...".

From there, they both stood up. "Good!" he began. "But do be more careful the next time, okay?".

"Yes, sorry. But, are you okay?".

"Oh, I am fine. It's just, I'm more concerned about you. After all, out of the two of us, you were the one that ended up on the ground.".

Briella replied with a gentle smile to his words. "As I said. I-I am okay. Thank you for your concern.".

"No problem.". A short pause. "Well then, see you around!". With a smile, he left. Despite what he said, his tone made her think that anything but that would happen.

Setting all of her thoughts aside, she continued from where she left off. That was making her way to class.

Two hours passed by.

The cathedral bell went off first at 4 PM. Seconds followed before the school bell chimed, making the end of another school day. The bell sounded throughout the empty hallways and classrooms filled with students.

45 minutes and one bus ride later, Briella managed to get home.

She unlocked the door and made her way back into her small apartment. Getting something to eat, she managed to finish the little bit of homework that she was assigned.

It was then that she began what she intended to do the moment she set her foot out of the music room. To begin writing the song.

Putting on a Spotify list, Briella allowed herself to dig deep in her thoughts. She wrote random words that popped into her mind on the blank page in front of her...

Anger... Heartbreak... Once love, now pain... Hurt...

About an hour passed and the sun had already made its way down, past and behind the hills by the horizon. A beautiful orangy glow was dispersed across the sky, illuminating the nearby clouds.

Briella was still working on her song. Spotify kept her with a plentiful supply of songs. A soon as one ended, a new one played on.

Briella hummed to them all, regardless of whether she knew them or not.

Then, a different song came on. But as soon as Briella heard its melody, it caused her to freeze. It was a mere coincidence that the playlist chose this song to play next...

Though Dylan wasn't a big fan of music, it didn't mean that he didn't have a favourite song. It was this exact tune that was his favourite...

'This particular song is your favourite. Why tho?' Briella remembered asking him.

'Why this song is my favourite?'. He began his reply. 'Hmmm... It's my favourite because it was this exact song that was on when I laid my eyes on you...'.

The remembrance of his words was what caused a lump to form in Briella's throat.

She felt as if the air around her was getting thinner. It was getting harder to breathe.

Her forehead began sweating ever so slightly. She needed some fresh air.

Pausing the music and leaving the pencil that was in her left hand by her page, she stood up and rushed to her small balcony. Unlocking the door and stepping outside, she took a deep breath of the cold, dusk air.

The cold air... it helped her calm down. It helped her take a grip of herself, she swallowed whatever was in her mouth.

She projected her gaze out towards the quiet neighbourhood. A sigh was heard from her.

"Why did we have to end like this?" she whispered under her breath. From there, she looked up at the sky, at the moon.

A small smile formed on Briella's lips. "Full moon...".

Then, the sound of the last of the birds chippering for the day echoed through the cold air. She also heard the crickets as they sang the day away.

Once more, Briella took in another deep breath. She continued to gaze at the bright moon.

"Now, thinking about it... it's funny how people, torn apart or not, can see the same moon each and every night...". From there, she leaned against the railing, continuing to spectate the moon that shone in all its glory...