Chapter X

The weekend passed and a new week came about.

The new week saw the start of a new month, October.

Monday and Tuesday passed by mediocrely. Briella tried to keep her head up and be as optimistic as Ryan. But at times, everywhere she'd turn to, she saw her ex.

Though he was not there, the things her eyes landed on reminded her of him.

As with every thought of her ex-boyfriend, it caused pain to radiate through her body. Another lump forms in her throat.

'I REALLY have to try to forget him...' Briella thought to herself. 'I'm not sure if I can handle this much pain, this much anger for much longer...'. Then she laughed at herself. 'I'm so weak, ain't I?'.

With a sigh, she let another huge wave of sadness collide with her body, and as if a whirlpool formed, it dragged her down, down to the seabed of her melancholy.

The school day unravelled and very soon, home-time came around. The cathedral bell rang, its rings echoing through the school, right before the school bell went off, dismissing all the students.

After coming home, the day was wrapped up by the night. The moon rose and became the new sun at night.

The next morning came around, except this time, unlike the last two days, Briella felt angrier than usual.

She set off on her way to school around the usual time.

Reaching her school, that was when her day really began.

By the end of the school day, compared to this morning, more anger pulsated through Briella.

Reaching her home, she walked into her flat before locking the door behind her. Placing her bag beside her, she leaned against the door before sliding down against it, reaching the ground.

Why did she feel angry? She knew all too well it was because of Dylan...

But how come this is the first time she felt such a way about him. Felt such anger for him...

She pulled out her phone before turning it on and unlocking the phone. The home screen lit up, showing the picture of herself and Dylan.

She tensed up, clenching her jaw the longer she gazed at the photo.

Taking in a deep breath, she proceeded on doing something, something she never thought she'd have the courage to do ever since he left her.

She deleted the photo of both her and Dylan from that one evening. That one evening where he called her beautiful...

She thought it was also by the end of that evening that they might have exchanged their first kiss...

She closed her eyes for a second, allowing a few tears to flow down her cheeks.

With another deep breath, she went to her home screen. Holding it down, a bunch of options showed up, but she was only looking for one. Delete.

The image of them both was to be replaced by a generic background, created by the manufacturer of her phone.

"I want to get over you and forget you..." she began. "Just like how you got over and forgot me...".