Part 8

Ayumi's POV:

Sasuke Uchiha... when I looked into his eyes all I could see is revenge. You plan on kill Itachi even though he did it to protect you.

Flashback...

It was the night of the Massacre of the Uchiha clan, although I didn't know it at the time.

Naruto was put to sleep in his bedroom and I was reading out in the living room when I heard a knock at the door. I went to see who it was, and I saw Itachi standing in front of me, covered in blood and having a look of despair upon his face.

"Itachi?"

"I'm sorry, Ayumi-sensei. I used your teachings to kill my family." Itachi whispered. I brought Itachi inside and quickly closed the door.

"Who made you do it, Itachi?" I asked.

"What?"

"I've known you long enough that you cared to much for your family to go and massacre them, so tell me. Who forced you to do it?" There was a moment of silence.

"It was Danzo and the elders, sensei." I felt such rage within me. How dare they make an 11-year-old boy kill his own family.

"Tell me, why did they make you do it?"

"The Uchiha clan was planning to revolt against the village, and so when I told them, they gave or more like Danzo gave me the choice of joining my clan in the revolt and let the village suffer or eliminate my clan with the exception of my younger brother Sasuke and protect the village... Sensei, did I make the right choice?" Itachi whimpered.

"I cannot say for that was not my choice to begin with, all I ask is; Do you regret making the choice you made?" Itachi thought real hard before answering.

"As long as I protect my brother, I'm fine with being the monster."

"I see. Well..." I handed him a necklace with a dark red and black gem and a thin silver chain holding it. "As my family, I want you to have this. So you know that a part of me will always be a part of you." Itachi nodded and put the necklace on. "Just so you know, I only give these out to people I truly consider family." I kissed his forehead. "Be safe Itachi."

Flashback end...

A few days before my return to the village, 12 years ago, that stupid red gem necklace returned to me, which told me that Minato had died.

With those necklaces, they become useless unless the person I've given ownership to wears it. Those necklaces have a piece of my chakra within them and what they do... that's still a secret. But it's true though, I won't give them to anyone I don't consider family, so for me to give them to Sasuke and Sakura who I just met is unusual. But I had a feeling that Naruto cherishes them more than friends and more like family.

A few days later...

"Hey mom, what kind of mission are you going on?" Naruto asked me as I continued to pack. I was dressed in my ninja clothing but was wearing a grey cloak with its collar covering half of my face and despite the cloak covering half of my face, I wore a mask like Kakashi's. Speaking of Kakashi, let's just say that Kakashi had a funeral for his book.

"It's a secret." I simpered at the expression Naruto had on his face.

"A least tell me one little detail." Naruto begged.

"Okay... I'll be back in four weeks." I laughed at the groan Naruto made.

"But you told me that already... I know, take me with you!"