PART II - Song of the Spring

❁

          ❝ you told me i needed to leave, banished me from undergloom because i was damaged. you told me that i needed the sun or i'd die—that neon lights could no longer sustain me. but here i am, basking the sunrays Apollo had given to me, breaking my nails as i dug the fertile ground, tirelessly, painting my fingers stygian and red.

i need to come back, my mind yelled, this realm no longer suited my fancy.

my skin itched from rose thorns clinging to my flesh and tongues of fire had imbibed itself in my bones—i tried plucking them out and my screams echoed like thunder in my garden, scaring the flower nymphs. ichor oozed out of my skin, cascaded like streams of liquid gold on holy ground.

             my chest is hollow. akin to a black hole in vast galaxy, devouring my entire being. i'd tried to patch myself with dirt and petals, pressed them tight and packed to seal it, to be whole once again. but these iridescent petals were mere a spring vervain:
temporary.

enlighten me, how am i supposed to settle for something temporary if you offered me an eternity?

my king, this garden, this realm, is no longer home. you had crowned me a queen and they didn't dare to look at me in the eyes—i'm not sure whether it was fear or respect. i feel like i'm an odd hyacinth between rose bushes, even the aether was foreign to my lungs.

Hades, the pomegranate seeds inside of me had blended into my ichor like a sweetened ecstasy, begged me to come home.

yes, yes i know, the realm of mortals sure has Apollo to keep me alive, but you had given me more than a fancy crown, a throne, or a title. you taught me how to rule a realm, you saw me as your equal, and helped me embodied just and virtues.

           So allow me, allow me to come back to reign again as Persephone, the bringer of death, and the Queen of the Underworld. ❞

———— Persephone,
               a monologue.

Author's note
oops not an update, but,
Olivia's Sour is making me do
this at midnight. idek what is this
I just write.