Chapter 12

As the team went back onto the ice shadow stopped Grass who was going towards the faceoff circle.

"Hey Grass hold up." Shadow said to him.

"Yeah, whatcha need Shadow."

"Grass, your probably our best team-leader so if you play good we'll play good. We rely on you to keep us focused Grass remember what I've said in practice. If the leader of the team struggles the whole team struggles. Now what does that mean to you?"

"So what you're saying is that if I don't play my best everyone else will struggle." Grass said.

"Exactly if the leader isn't doing well then everyone else won't be as willing to play hard."

"I hear what your saying Shadow. I'll try harder from now on." Grass said.

"That's what I like to hear Grass now let's go and win this game." Shadow said.

With that they went to center ice to play the final period.

(Now we switch to commentary.)

"Well the game looks as good as lost for the Ravens. Wilson what do you think of the Ravens tonight."

"You know Dusk I think they've struggles too much and Rainbow should be benched with the way he's playing tonight."

"Well Wilson I gotta agree. And the puck has been dropped and Grass wins the faceoff as the puck goes to Shadow and he passes it to Rain who passes it to Grass who's in the slot and Grass shoots it and what a save for Rusty the lycanroc and he has been playing good."

"It's probably the intimidating look on his face that he's been giving everyone."

"You know Wilson sometimes you say stuff that makes sense and stuff that sounds extremely stupid. That was in the middle." Dusk said looking at Wilson.

Wilson just gave him an unamused look.

"Sometimes I just wanna smack you Dusk."

"Wouldn't be the first time. Anyway back to the game as the Artists take the puck with Coral taking the shot and Spark makes the save. Half the period has elapsed and the Ravens look like the games out of reach."

"Well they at least don't want to be shutout because then the previous game would look like a complete fluke." Wilson said disappointed.

"Well Shadow has the puck and he looks like he's scanning the ice. Grass calls for the puck right next to the net Shadow passes is and Grass shoots it and it goes in what vision from Shadow to see Grass calling for it."

"You know Shadow looks like he can go somewhere with his hockey career if he keeps working hard." Wilson said to Dusk.

"Yup and the puck is dropped with a minute remaining as Shadow passes it to Grass, Grass takes the shot and it gets saved by Rusty who has a look of anxiety now. That's not something you want to see if your the Artists coach."

"Well Dusk if you look over at the Ravens coach his face is expressionless."

"Well to be fair he barely shows emotion when he's watching the game. Only emotions I've seen from him is frustration, and happiness the perfect combination. Anyway Shadow has the puck time for one more shot he wrists it on net. Rusty tries to get into position to save it he gets his stick on it and it hosts the post and misses. What a way to end the game and the look on Shadow face says a thousand words."

(Now back to Shadows POV for a moment then Shard's)

"Damn it!" Shadow yelled in frustration.