Chapter 5

Shadow was peacefully sleeping when all of a sudden he was in a meadow and he saw Shard sitting next to him.

What is this place? Shadow thought to himself

"Hey Shadow how are you?" Shard asked.

"I'm good what about you?" Shadow replied.

"I'm about to be better." Shard said.

"What do you mean?" Shadow asked.

After Shadow asked that Shard leaned towards him and locked lips with him. This took Shadow off guard but after a moment he realized that he was enjoying it.

Then his eyes opened.

What the heck was that. That dream couldn't have meant anything, Right?

He then looked over to Shard who was sleeping on her bed. He had slept on a extra mattress that was surprisingly comfortable.

I mean she is easy on the eyes and pretty beautiful. Wait what am I thinking I don't know her that well. I just need to ignore these thoughts.

With that Shadow went to wake up Shard.

She looks so peaceful. Shadow thought then attempted to wake up Shard.

"Shard time to get up we have school and I have to drop Ruby off at daycare." Shadow said hoping she would wake up.

Unfortunately Shard didn't wake up.

I am gonna regret this later aren't I. He thought to himself.

He leaned over and kissed Shard's forehead. He got a chill since she was naturally cold being an ice type. But it seemed to work as she slowly woke up.

"What just happened? I felt something touch my forehead."

"You must've imagined it." Shadow replied.

"Well we should eat so that we aren't late to school." Shard said.

This made Shadow roll his eyes.

"Alright and we've gotta drop off Ruby at daycare."

"No my mom can watch her I'm sure she won't mind."

"Alright we can ask her."

"Sweet." Shard said smiling.

It'll be a good excuse to spend time with him. Shard thought happily.

"Hey Mom, me and Shadow have to get going to school. Can you watch Ruby for him?"

"Yeah sure."

"Also he won't be here for a few hours after school because he said he has hockey tryouts."

"Ooh. An athlete, he's quite the catch." Jewel said winking making Shard blush.

"Mom shut up." Shard said embarrassed.

"Hahahaha. I'm just joking Shard." Jewel said.

Shard just glared at her mom.

With that Shard and Shadow ate breakfast and got ready to go to school.

After they finished breakfast the started walking to school.

"So Shadow do you want to stay the night again at my house."

"Yeah sure my parents don't really care about me so sure I'll spend the night at your house again. And since it's Friday I guess it's a good excuse to be there." Replied Shadow.

So I'm gonna stop this chapter right here because my favorite band released a song called If I Surrender and now I'm gonna be listening to it until I memorize it.