Chapter 18

Shadow was slowly waking up as he also felt Shard waking up next to him.

Still can't believe that were dating. She's way too good for me. Shadow thought to himself before getting up to get ready to go to school.

When Shadow walked downstairs he saw Ruby rolling her eyes as Wave was saying something to her.

"Hey guys, good morning." Shadow said stretching.

"Morning Shadow. I was just telling Ruby about what kind of paintings I like to paint. She doesn't seem to like hearing about my paintings though which I guess is fair but still."

"Well you ready to practice tonight? Cause you guys already got the jerseys right?"  Shadow asked.

"Yup everything is ready now then why don't you go eat. Ruby you go wake up Shard." Wave said, Ruby immediately got a smile that would scare anyone. (Just imagine the Grinches smile.)

After Shadow ate and Shard did too they left for school and met up with Flame, Speed and Grass.

"Hey guys what's up?" Shadow asked as he gave Grass a high paw.

"Nothing much just can't wait to see the Charity event Saturday." Flame said.

"Yeah They're supposed to make an announcement this morning about it to try and get people to come." Speed said excited.

"Well I know I'm going." Grass said.

"I can't believe your actually going to help my brother and his friends." Shard said.

"Of course I am and since it involves hockey it's even better." Shadow said.

"Well we should head to class." Flame said starting to walk.

When they entered class they saw Sylvia and her boyfriend talking to Sylvia's old friends that she had before she moved and when she noticed them she gave them a death stare that would make anyone uncomfortable.

"Class is starting soon guys come on sit down." Speed said.

After Speed said that the bell rang and a voice came over the P.A system.

"This Saturday be sure to go to the city hockey rink and watch check out the Charity event going on. There will be a skills competition between the 6 Pokemon that will be participating, then there will be a times challenge between them, then be ready to watch a 3v3 between them. Now then the 6 that are participating are. Wave Glacier, Dust Skilton, Shadow Johnson, Silver Garrett, Lake Garrett, and lastly Myles Lewis. The goalies are Silver Garrett and Dust Skilton. Be sure to check it out, all proceeds are going to charity."

Once this was announcer everyone looked at Shadow as he shrunk back in his seat. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Sylvia and her friends glaring at him.

The rest of the day continued with people looking at him from time to time as he waited for the day to end.

Once it finally did him, Flame, Speed and Grass headed to the hockey rink.

When they got there their coach started talking.

"Alright guys we've been playing good recently now then this practice you guys can work on whatever you want. Also Shadow I want to have a word with you about something." Coach Scar said.

"Alright." Shadow responded confused.

Once everyone separated Shadow skated over to Scar who appeared to be writing down plays.

"What did you want to talk about coach?" Shadow asked.

"Well Shadow first of all I hear you are going to be playing in a charity event this weekend. I'll be sure to get front row seats. Now then next I wanted to let you know I've been thinking and I think that you should be the teams captain moving forward." Coach Scar said.

"What, coach don't you think that Grass is a better captain?" Shadow asked.

"Grass will be an alternate captain. But I've seen the way you take control in desperate situations and your ability to make split second decisions. I want you to be the person we run our offense through."

"Alright coach, Sure." Shadow said shocked.

"Alright let's let the team know." Scar said as he walked out to center ice.

Once he called everyone over to started talking.

"Alright this will be quick, I've been thinking about who should be our team captain moving forward which is why no captain was named at the start of the season. The captain is going to be Shadow, and the alternate captains will be Grass and Flame. That's all get back to what you were doing." Scar said as he went back over to the benches.

Practice went on for awhile as Shadow worked on shooting while Grass worked on his agility and Flame worked on his passing. Speed was busy trying to see how fast he could go.

Practice was almost over and Wave walked in and sat in the stands while he waited for practice to end. Shadow decided to skate over to Wave and tell him to get ready.

"Hey Wave! Why don't you get ready so that we can started as soon as practice ends." Shadow yelled at Wave.

"Alright." Wave said as he grabbed his stuff to get ready.

Shadow got back to working on his accuracy so that he could be more reliable during games even though he's a defenseman.

Shadow eventually saw Scar get ready to call everyone over so he headed over to his coach.

"Hey coach just to let you know I'll be here for awhile after practice ends " Shadow told Scar.

"Well is someone going to be here with you?" Scar asked.

"Yeah, Wave will be here with me, I'm helping him practice for Saturday." Shadow said pointing over to Wave as he was still getting ready."

"Alright then, just be careful." Scar said to Shadow as he called everyone over.

"Alright guys I hope you all worked on stuff you struggle with because we have a game tomorrow. Which thankfully is a home game. Now then I want you guys to get a lot of rest because remember, We need to get to the playoffs if any of us want to be here next year." Scar said as they dispersed.

Shadow decided to skate over to Wave and tell him to get warmed up.

Shadow and Wave started to practice and Shadow was only teaching him the basics.

"So Wave you know how to backskate correct?" Shadow asked.

"Not really."

And so Shadow started to teach Wave the basics of hockey.

And so that's the end of the chapter. I am lazy and want to get this chapter out. So yeah see ya. Also I got my stitches removed today. I thought I published this but I didn't whoops