Chapter 8

The game was starting soon and Shadow got a text from Shard saying that Shard, Jewel and Ruby were at the game.

"Alright gentleman." The coach who was a absol said.

"This is the first game of the season and all the other teams have walked all over us for the past 20 years. But tonight that changes here are the started for tonight's game. Todays goalie will be Ice Marksin, the starting forwards will be Ocean Waters at the right wing and Midnight Williams at the Center with Rain Waters. And the starting defensive pair will be Shadow Johnson, and Speed Marks. Now then I want to see you guys play physical and hard out there. Shadow I expect you to hit some guys out there, and Ice I expect you to stay focused and try to keep us in the game. I hope you all are ready for a challenge because were playing our biggest rivals in the Blue Devils. Now then let's go out there and have some fun since it's the opening game."

With that the team started to go out onto the ice. Ice went in front of the net to warm up with the rest of the team. (I'm too lazy to write what happened in the warm-ups)

The game was getting close to starting and Shard was looking to see where Shadow was.

She eventually saw him near the bench with 2 other players talking about whatever they talk about.

"Wow Shadow wasn't lying about there not being that many people here to watch our school. There's more people here to watch the other school." Shard said to her mom.

"Yeah but maybe that'll change."

(Now we go into a commentary thing because I like writing in commentary form for some reason. And this is being written on my laptop from this point on hope you enjoy.)

"The puck is about to drop on the first game of the new hockey season and today's game is between the Ravens and the Blue Devils. I'm your host Dusk Drew, with my commentary partner Wilson Rainbow which I'm saying again Wilson, you have a pretty funny name."

"Haha yeah just wait until you meet the rest of my family for the annual Christmas party because they are listening to the broadcast today."

"Well Anyway who do you have winning this game?"

"You know what a lot of people will be disagreeing with me here but I'm confident in the Ravens. And as you know I haven't been confident with this team for a long time."

"well lets see if your correct or if you'll be getting roasted on social media."

"Well I already get roasted because of my name wouldn't be a big difference."

(Again I'm lazy so minimal effort here we go.)

The first period came to an end with neither team scoring and with plenty of hits to show how physical the 2 teams were. The second period also came to an end with neither team scoring and the same happened with the third period and overtime was about to start.

(Shadow POV)

The game hadn't been going their way and they were getting pretty beat up.

"Alright everyone I know were all tired especially you Ice you've been our best player and Shadow great job at using your body but I want to see you be more active on offense Shadow I know you can score in overtime I want to see you do better. Midnight you've been setting us up for great shooting chances so I want to see you keep doing what your doing. And lastly Ocean you've been making their goalie work all night so keep doing that eventually it will end up in the back of the net. I don't expect us to make the playoffs but I want us to at least win a few games this year. Now then lets go out there and give it our all in overtime."

And with that the team headed back onto the ice hopeful after the speech their coach gave them.

"Lets do this guys." Shadow said before heading onto the ice.

(we go to commentary now.)

"well overtime is set to begin and this game has certainly been interesting as the refs get ready to drop the puck in overtime."

"Speak for yourself Dusk I've been by the ice and I've had pucks come at my head."

"And the puck is dropped on overtime as Midnight won that draw and the puck goes to Shadow who we know is good at setting his teammates up for scores. as he passes the puck to his fellow defenseman Speed and Speed takes the shot and the goalie gets in front of the puck and puts it in the corner as Midnight gets the puck and passes it to Shadow. Shadow waiting for a opening we know he has patience but does he have enough. Shadow passes it to Speed who takes the shot and he scores and there we have it 5 years since a win and 20 since they made the playoffs."

(Now we go to Shadow's POV)

"That's how you do it Speed lets go!" Shadow yelled jumping tackling Speed.

"That pass set me up Shadow I forgot your a great passer." Speed replied happily.

"You guys had my heart racing don't ever make us go into overtime again!" Ice yelled at them when they got to the bench.

This only made Speed, Midnight and Shadow laugh.

"Not our fault their goalie was having a good night." Speed shot back.

"Well lets get to the locker room the coach wants to have a talk with all of us." Ice said.

"Alright lets go."

When they got to the locker room they  saw their coach who had a smile.

"Great job guys, and great patience to wait for Speed to get in front of the net to pass it to him Shadow. Well guys I hope you all had fun I can say you guys gave me anxiety today but all in all I'm happy with the outcome we need to play like that every game if we want to win. Now then go home and get some rest since its the weekend. Remember we have  a road game on Tuesday so make sure to get plenty of rest."

"Yes coach." Everyone said in unison.

With that Shadow changed into his street clothes and went out the doors of the rink where he say Ruby, Jewel and Shard waiting for him.

Chapter done this one took longer to get out because I didn't know what I wanted to happen in this chapter. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyway see ya.