twenty four

ALLURA AND STEVE WAITED PATIENTLY AS TONY parked, he then rolled down the window and stared at them with his sunglasses on.

       "Why the long faces?" He asked, looking at them both. "Let me guess, he turned into a baby?"

       "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Allura moved backwards when Tony opened the door, her green eyes looking at her book as they spoke.

       "It's the EPR paradox." A small smirk appeared on Allura's lips; which wasn't unnoticed by the men next to her.

       "One of your many theories?" Steve asked her, the strawberry blonde nodding.

       "Theory confirmed." She smiled, looking childish for a second as she nodded at Tony. The man's gaze turned amused as he thought back to his late realization at his house.

       "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous, somebody could've cautioned against it." Tony said, standing in front of the super soldiers.

       "You did."

       "Oh, did I?" Tony asked sarcastically. "Well, thank God I'm here." He stated. "Regardless, I fixed it." He showed them something that looked like a bracelet on his hand. "A fully functional tile space GPS."

       The three smiled.

       "I just want peace. Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

        "Me too." Steve replied. Allura looked around for a second, not completely sure if it applied to her and what had happened in their past.

        "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope. Keep what I found, I have to, at all costs. And, maybe not die trying. Would be nice." Allura nodded at him, repeating his words in her head.

       And, maybe not die trying. Would be nice.

       Steve stretched his hand.

       "Sounds like a deal." Tony shook it, the two fixing anything that was broken, mending every discussion, healing every wound. Allura smiled at the two once more.

       Tony then opened the trunk, Steve following.

       Carefully, Stark grabbed the shield, turning it around to remove all the toys and blankets.

       "Tony, I don't know." Steve whispered.

       "Why? He made it for you. Plus, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." Allura chuckled.

       "Thank you, Tony."

       "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team." He pressed the button to close the trunk. "We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

       "We're working on that right now." Steve said, before turning around and heading to put the shield away; quietly, like Tony asked.

       Allura looked at Tony, who was already looking at her.

       "I meant it, Ljós. Resentment is corrosive, and I hate it." He told her, the strawberry blonde nodding. "You're still not my favorite person, I'll be blunt." He continued, Allura chuckling slightly.

       "I wouldn't expect anything else."

       "But... I guess I can't can't blame the puppet for the puppeteer." He sighed, Allura smiling softly at the man as he spoke.