Worlds Away 4- Finding Bhoomi

Thulasi Paati's house was small and quaint

Thulasi Paati's house was small and quaint. Just like her house back on earth, the place was decorated with Indian artworks and little wooden figurines. The major difference was the addition of all the outdoor gear. Maybe it belongs to someone else.

Once Nila and Anjali get seated on the sofa, Thulasi Paati starts asking them if they want something to drink.

"Do you want some carsti? Or maybe terkis?"

Both girls exchange a look. Unfortunately, they didn't exactly learn about the culture of Andhakar, so they don't know exactly what carsti and terkis are. More importantly, is it safe for humans?

"Um... anything is ok Paati. Don't strain yourself," Nila answers, hoping to keep her great aunt from bringing something for them to drink.

"Nonsense. This is the first time you came to my house in Andhakar. I'm not going to let you leave without even getting something to drink. I will make some carsti for all of us."

Excitedly, Thulasi Paati heads to her kitchen and within 10 minutes, brings three hot cups of carsti for all of them. As the girls grab a cup for themselves, they exchange a worried look. Silently, Nila and Anjali urge each other to be the lab rat and take the first sip of the warm liquid.

"What are you guys looking at? Take a sip," Thulasi Paati tells them.

Seeing no choice, Nila takes a cautious sip. After confirming nothing happened to her friend, Anjali also takes a sip. Thulasi Paati's carsti was unbelievably delicious!

"Wow! It tastes really good Paati!" Nila praises.

"Thank you so much. The food here is really good. The land is unpolluted so everything ends up being tastier than Earth," Thulasi Paati explains.

"Hopefully it stays that way."

"That's very true."

"By the way Paati, did anyone else from our family come with you?"

"Oh no, they didn't. After my husband died, I was kind of feeling lonely. All my kids had their own lives and not much time for me. So when this opportunity came, I immediately took it! The last 10 years have been so much fun!"

"Wait 10 years? You look so young!" Nila asks shocked.

"That's right. I've been here for 10 years now. We actually age slower in this body, and the Merging makes our physical body stronger. I've been skydiving, paragliding, rock climbing, and all sorts of activities," Thulasi Paati says proudly.

"That's really amazing Paati."

"What about you guys? Did anyone else come with you?"

"No-"

"Actually her would-be also came Paati," Anjali interrupts Nila with a sly wink.

"This girl is lying Paati. I used to love him, but he got an opportunity to come to Andhakar. So we separated and he came here by himself," Nila lies. She can't exactly say that the break up happened because she didn't want to Merge and wanted to go back to Earth.