𝒞 𝒽 𝒶 𝓅 𝓉 𝑒 𝓇 𝟫

Currently, I was sitting on my bed, ice cream in hand, and watching Harlow scramble around for the perfect "Ball worthy"  dress. 

I can tell she was irritated by my cavalier attitude on the matter but I didn't worry to much. This was the same way she acted in the morning if she couldn't decide on an outfit- and I wasn't going to stop her. After all, she was going to school for fashion design so I'd rather her pick my outfit than anyone else. 

"I can't believe your just now telling me about this! Me of all people!" Harlow stopped her action to look at me incredulously. "Sorry, I didn't think it would be that important," I responded. 

"You're going to the Annual Auction Ball. Only people who wipe their ass with hundred dollar bills go."

Almost choking on a spoonful of cookies & cream, I managed to let her know that I was practically forced to go and never intended to in the first place. All this talk about the ball made me conjure up a bitter memory. 

One Week Ago

*Phone call between Sloane and her dad*

"Hey dad..." 

"I am hosting this years Auction ball. You will attend."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't feign ignorance Sloane, it's annoying."   

"Dad I chose to move to this school so I will be able to do my own thing. Please understand this."

"Sloane you are going, that's final. Get a dress, a mask, and be there. I'll send you further details through text."

*End*

Crinkling up my nose in dissatisfaction, I let out a huge huff. The ball wasn't the problem at all. It was the fact that I was forced to attend and my father put up a tantrum which is supposed to be my job. The phone call was clipped and sour. If anyone was hanging around me during it, I could almost promise that they would have a wave of morose wash over them. 

"Well did you find anything yet? It's a masquerade ball by the way," I called out to her knowing she gave up a while ago. "Shut up" 

We decided that we'll go shopping tomorrow and gather everything before the event which was in four days from now.  It was already 1 am so we called it a night and got ready for the next day. 

Day was upon us in no time and Harlow was already up and hollering. "COME ON BABE TIME TO GO SHOPPING!"

Half an hour later we were meeting up with some people at the mall. It was a Saturday, explaining why we weren't taking out butts to class. But either way I'd rather going to class than standing her with the most annoying male I've ever cam across- Junior Rossi. 

Apparently Harlow invited Drake and he ended up inviting his friend Junior. Who was currently being a nuisance. 

"It seems that god wants us to be together no?" he asked with a boyish smirk. I simply decided that ignoring him would be great so that's exactly what I did... Until Harlow and Drake left me.