24

Demi's POV

"Hey, do you want me to invite Kennedy over tomorrow?" Kennedy was a friend Kenzie had made at the mall, and her Aunt Mia gave me their phone number so the girls could get together and play.

Kenzie nodded her head excitedly. "Will she still remember me?"

"Of course. He Aunt has texted me a few times to get you two together, but we've been busy."

"Can you ask her now?"

"After you finish your food." She was still slow while eating, but after  mentioned Kennedy, she picked up her pace.

"I'm done," she said with food still in her mouth.

I chuckled. "Swallow all of you food before talking, please," I say as I pick up her plate and bring it to the kitchen.

"Sorry," she says after she swallowed the last of her food.

"Come on," I say as I pat a space on the couch next to me. Kenzie gets up and skips over to me. When she gets on the couch, I put an arm around her and pull her in closer. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and opened up Mia's number.

Would you and Kennedy be able to come over tomorrow? Kenzie really wants to see Kennedy.

I let Kenize push the send button on my phone. "Now we wait for her to text back. Want to watch TV?"

"I need to get Becca first." Kenzie hops off the couch and skips to her room. She quickly returns with her doll in her arms. She snuggles back up next to me. I turn the TV onto Disney Chanel, then my dings. "Is that her?" Kenzie asks excitedly.

I check my phone. "Yup!" Then I read the text out loud. "We would love it. Kennedy has been wanting to play with Kenzie again ever since they met at the mall. She'll be so excited. When and where do you want to meet up at?"

I say the message that I'm texting back. "You can come over to my house around 11, then we can go somewhere for lunch." I immediately get a text back. I read it out loud. "Sounds great!"

I send the address to her as Kenzie bouncing up and down on the couch. "Yay!" She calls as she throws her arms up in the air. I laugh at her cuteness. I have the most adorable child.

"Do you want some ice cream tonight? I think I have some in the freezer."

"Chocolate?" She asks.

"Of course."

"Yes, please," she says as she continues to bounce. I laugh and head into my kitchen. I make two bowls of ice cream, then go back to the couch where Kenzie has settled down enough to focus on the TV. "Thank you," she says as I give her a bowl.

"Your welcome, sweetie."

She snuggles into my side. "This is a really great night."

I place a kiss on the top of her head. "It sure is." We watch a few episodes of whatever is on. Disney Chanel shows just don't make a whole lot of sense to me anymore.

"Demi?"

"Mhmm?" I look down at Kenzie, who is already staring up at me. She takes a big, deep breath, then asks her surprising question.

Mwahahaha!