𝟬𝟮𝟭 untold stories

UNCOVERED LETTERS FROM KATARINA LEVITSKY TO THALIA VASSILIEVA

FOUR DAYS GONE

Tally Chart,

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm sure you expect an apology for what I've done, and I need you to know that the one I'm giving is sincere. We were supposed to do this together, us and Zaria. Triple Threat was supposed to run from the Little Palace and never look back.

But I left you and Zaria there alone, and for that I am endlessly sorry.

You have to know, Thalia, I couldn't stay. I couldn't bear to be under his thumb for a moment later, or I might've lost my mind entirely. As much as the three of us discussed running away together, I was the only one really serious about it, and I think you've known it all along. Zaria thinks of the Little Palace as her home, and I couldn't take that from her. I can't.

And you. . . Saints, Thalia. I know you hate it there, and I know you miss your family, but at the Little Palace you are safe. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you, so I hope you can understand why I left you behind.

If you believe anything from this letter, let it be this-- you will see me again. This is not the last of Triple Threat, nor is it the end of the friendship I am so lucky to have shared with you. I wouldn't have survived half as long as I did if not for you and Zaria.

I love you, Tal. Take care of yourself, and tell Zaria I said hello,

Alley Kat.

(P.S. You know how hard apologising is for me, and how it makes me feel weak. So know that I mean it, or I wouldn't have said it.)

ONE MONTH GONE

Dearest Thalia,

Saints, time passes fast here. You're probably wondering where here is, but I can't tell you. That way you might be tempted to sneak out of the Little Palace, and we can't have that (no matter how much the more selfish part of me wants it.)

You didn't reply to my last letter. I waited for three weeks, checked the post office every day. But nothing. Nada. Zilch. I understand that you might be angry, and you have a right to be. But I need to know that you're okay, that you haven't pitched yourself off of the Saintsforsaken chapel yet. I need to know that you haven't wallowed yourself into a state of pity that nobody is there to pull you out of.

And I need to know you don't hate me. You can be angry, you can want to stop my heart and burn it to ashes. You can curse my name and hope that I fall down in the middle of a crowded street, but you can't hate me.

I can't live knowing that the person I love most in the world hates me.

Time is getting on, and I have to post this letter before the post office closes. Please write back soon, Tally. I miss you.

Katherine.

THREE MONTHS GONE

Ten. That is how many letters I have written you in the time I've been gone. I know it might not seem like very many, and it may not be, but within those ten letters I have not received a single reply. I don't expect you to reply with five pages about how much you miss me, or the amount of fun you and Zaria are having as a duo.

I just need to know that you're okay. That you aren't fucking dead, because funnily enough, I worry about you? Crazy thought, I know! And I'm not the only one, either. Zaria cares about you, and no matter how much you've convinced yourself otherwise, your family care too.