🌷Lotus Seeds🌷

The summer of the year in Tibet passed already with the welcome of soggy monsoon; the air was already filled with sweet petrichor; which somehow gave birth to a lingering for a companion in the hearts of some lonely souls. Cheng could be considered amid that lonely souls and so do Xian. Even though he went to meet his Jun Ge in some Sundays, yet his Jun Ge never came to meet him outside. At first he was a bit disappointed, but still was considerable enough about the unequal condition of every persons. Added to his despondency, from a couple of days before the arrival of monsoon, his Gege got busier in field works so that the drizzle wouldn't effect over the crops much. Lonely Xian was once again lonely. The two of his companions, those morning sparrows, seems they also turned their faces away from him; even his new friend the small iris plant also didn't show any fruitful results, rather decided to become weak. In the dark clouds, Xian could only try to find for beam of bright sunlight.

"Oyee Xian.. Come out ma!"

Another little boy, of same age as Xian's called him outside their house premises. Xian who's sitting idly looking at how the water droplets were being dripped from the wild nameless trees and enjoying petrichor along with the silence somehow felt annoyed with the sudden interference of the voice. Tugging the bead shaped candies into his pouch, he came outside stomping.

"Yuan.Why are you shouting ma! I'm not dead yet. Also why are you here?"

Xian asked the questions with a stern face which somehow worked as counterattack to the other child who just gave a pout and said,

"I guess you don't want lotus seeds anymore.."

"Isn't it monsoon already Yuan? All the seeds has bloomed into lotus already. Stop fooling around if you've nothing else to say.."

"Xian, stop being like my grandpa, also why would I even lie to you? If you don't believe me, you can check yourself the Shi Ying lake at the north western corner of the village. Then you'll see if I'm saying the truth or not. "

Hearing this part, Xian somehow calmed down thinking whether to believe or not. It's not that he didn't want to believe the other child, but his past pranks made him doubt him.

"Are you coming or not?"

"But Gege isn't in house. What if I'll be lost?"

"Ayee don't be a crybaby, it's inside our village, don't you know the every paths of our village? Also I'm with you ma.."

As if presence of him will make any difference from being alone. Useless.

Xian thought in his mind but didn't express and finally let go of his suspicion shield and went with him. Splashing the clogged water at certain areas two little figures were seen approaching towards the north western horizon of the village. On the branches of some big trees, one or two satisfied Jacobin Cuckoo could be seen after quenching their thrist with the first rain drops of the year.

"Now see if I was lying.."

Yuan said pointing towards the lotus pod seeds which were still present along with some bloomed lotus in the comparitively turbulent water. Xian this time really believed his friend as his face brightened.

"Let's pick some.."

"But this lake may have some owners.. What'll happen if we will be caught?"
Xian asked with a face, as if he was saying it after deeply thinking about the matter.

"Aye nothing will happen, as far I know, it belongs to the monastery nearby, they generally doesn't say anything to children. Rest assured.."