🦋 A Serendipitous Encounter 🦋

"That's enough. Stay back."

The crowd that was previously taking position to descend an act of onslaught over Xian, like an army of the living dead, halted and turned towards the voice. That voice contained some elements that perhaps one couldn't defy, including the two brats more like wannabe sorcerers from earlier.

Even in between such chaos, before even seeing the person, Xian could feel his heart beating profoundly, as if on getting a chance it'd flee away any moment. Even if the dominance of the voice seeked nothing but pure obedience, how could he not recognise it? There have been countless days where all he just wanted to hear was this voice; his voice.

The crowd diverged in both ways making a path while revealing a figure bathed in soft, ethereal light who happened to be the owner of the voice. His presence commanded attention, like a gentle breeze that stirs the stillness of a serene meadow. On the sight of him Xian couldn't keep count of his heartbeats anymore. The adrenaline in his blood has already been on fire since the prior moment he started fighting them off and now the figure approaching through the path made him shake enough to stagger back.

"Jun Ge..."

He mumbled.

"Mariner Xian, the foam kinda stuff is getting thick from her mouth."

Lady Qiang said shouting towards Xian that made him feel the gravity of the situation once again.

Xian felt a side glance from the approaching person who paid no attention to him and instead squatted down nearby the suffering women. He checked her pulse and felt it's getting low as her hands were getting stiff and cold as well as her body.

"Bring the herbal oil. Quick!"

Jun said in a loud yet relaxed tone, directed towards a group of his disciples who were clad in similar coloured chougu. Few of the disciples parted in different ways and in no time, they returned with two reverse funnel shaped bamboo containers, and a flame lamp, presumably used for different ceremonies for worshiping. By this time he had already made the lady turn over to her left side, her back facing upwards, to prevent her body from arching further. After they handed him over those required, in a blink of an eye, Jun flickered a fire spark and lit the lamp's inside. He uncorked the containers that he held over the fire as he instructed four of his disciples to keep rubbing her feet and hands to generate the usual body temperature she's started to lack.

"Try to un stiff her body as soon as possible. "

He instructed while providing the moderately warm herbal oil in their hands. He then turned to Lady Qian communicating via eyes, as if telling her silently to rub the women's back. The bystanders silently watched them performing medical methods on them and found themselves to be astounded. Some whispered among themselves,

"Isn't that Khenpo Dhrimad?"

"It is him. I never thought I'd see him here."

"Don't be surprised, despite his rank he's the most polite personality I've seen."

"So it's not some spirit possession?"

"Doesn't seem like it, otherwise Khenpo would've known."

Xian found himself amid a labyrinth of thousands of unspoken thoughts, in between those uprising whispers, his eyes expressing nothing but vagueness. Nonetheless his daze ended as a small sound left his mouth, on feeling a sting in his hand. His blank expression returned to a bit painful one as he stared at his palms that's been lacerated somehow while he clutched the wooden log too hard before fighting. He pressed his hands against his robe trying to ease his pain, perhaps some water later should help, he thought. His instincts suddenly told him that there's a high possibility of two figures disappearing from the scene very soon, and with that thought striking his mind his body acted like a floating leaf in presence of a strong wind, his hands approached for the collars of the special sorcerer duo.