18

Maddy's pov. (Ignore the backpack in the picture)

I woke up. There was a note on my dresser saying that the guys left. I grab my phone from my night table. I go on social media and stuff. I look out my window and see some new people moving in. I watch as 2 adults, probably parents, bring stuff into the house. The house my ex boyfriend used to live. A boy comes out of the house. I see he has a blink 182 shirt on. I like him already. He picks up a box and walks back into the house. I get up and check Logan's room. He's asleep. I hear the bell ring. I run to the door. I open the door to find the boy with the blink 182 shirt.

"Hi. Um I'm Jake. I just moved in next door." He says offering his hand to shake it. I shake his hand.

"I'm Maddy. I live here." I say obviously.

"Cool. So maybe you can show me around the neighborhood later?" He asks.

"Okay. Let me just get ready and we can go. Okay?" I say.

"Okay. Come over whenever." He says.

"Okay. Bye." I say as he walks away. I shut the door. There was something about him. Maybe it was his eyes. I've seen them before.

I get changed. I fix myself up. I brush out my hair. It's straight today. I brush my teeth. Logan knocks on the door. I open the door as I finish my teeth. I listen to him go on about his sleep. I do my eyeliner. I exit the bathroom. I tell Logan my plans. I put on my necklaces. Then my vans. I head out the door to Jakes house. I knocked on the door. A lady opened it.

"Oh hello. I'm Charlotte. Are you looking for Jake?" She asks.

"Yes. I'm Maddy." I say. I look at her blue eyes. Just like Jakes.

"His room is upstairs on the right." She says pointing at the stairs.

"Thank you." I say. I walk up the stairs and knock on a closed door. Jake opens it. He smiles.

"Hey." He says.

"What's up?" I say.

"I was just putting some stuff on my desk and stuff." He says.

"Cool." I say.

"So where should we go first?" He asks.

"We could go to the park?" I suggest.

"Yess." He says.

We walk to the park and get to know each other. When we get to the park we play around on the playground. When I wasn't paying attention he runs behind me and picks me up. He's too cute. I struggle to get down. He puts me down and then some little kid ran into him kicking him into me making us fall. His face was inches away from mine. He leans in close. He kisses me. Then he awkwardly gets up. I get up too. We walk back to our street. We say goodbye. I walk up to my room. I look at the time. It's 4:30. I decide to FaceTime the guys. I open my laptop. I call dad. It rings for a while. Then he answers.

"Hey Maddy!" He yells. There's so much noise.

"Hey dad. What's all that noise?" I ask out of curiosity.

"The rest of the guys. They're fighting because they made a bet and thought it was unfair." He explains.

"I wanna talk to them. Oh dad did you know that we have new neighbors?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about them." He says.

"Maddy!!" I hear Tony tell.

"Tony!!" I yell like him.

After a long while of talking dad wanted me to go to sleep. I lay in bed thinking about stuff. I try and sleep but I just can't. After a while I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning. I wake up and get dressed. When the bus comes to our stop I sit and listen to music. I get to school and head to class.

--time skip--

It was the last period of the day. 6/9 classes I got a test back that I failed. Why am I doing so badly? My teacher hands me back a test. I failed. The only one in the class that failed. Not only that, Kyle is moving away. I go grab my books from my locker and put them in my bag. I walk down the stairs hoping to find Ethan. I'm almost in tears.

Maddy!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I look and find Ethan. I run and hug him. He holds me tightly. "What's wrong?" He whispers. "Kyle." I say. "Come to my house okay?" He asks. I nod. I stay close to him. We walk to his house.

"Hey. It's gonna be okay. She's just moving to another part of the state." He says.

"She is?" I question.

"Yes. Her dad got offered to another record company. So she's moving to LA." He says.

"That's a relief." I say.

"Yeah. Why else were you upset?" He asks.

"I'm failing all of my tests." I say.

"I'll help you. Okay?" He says.

"Okay." I say.

The rest of the time he helps me with my homework. Then we have a mosh pit. At the end of the day he takes me home. I text dad for a little. They're coming home tomorrow during the night. I shower and head off to bed.