20 *TRIGGER WARNING*

Maddy's pov (Jake above)

I totally forgot about that date with nick. Whatever. I realised that my books were everywhere in my bed and floor. I pick up my books and put them in my backpack. I get dressed. I notice Logan with Jessica sitting next to each other on the bus. When I get to school I find Jake. Jessica says some stuff to me when I walk past her. Logan just looks at me. She calls me "emo cutter". My own brother doesn't even stick up for me. When I find Jake he gives me a hug.

"What's wrong?" He asks when I give him a flimsy hug.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I say.

"So you're not okay." He says.

"Just leave me alone please? I can't deal with this right now." I say walking away.

I go into the bathroom in the stall. I pull out the razor I keep in my phone case. I make small cuts in my arms. I can't think if anything else to do. I cry in the stall. When the bell rings I walk out wiping my eyes. Jessica pushes me down right in front of Logan. He just stands there laughing. I totally decide to skip class. I find a spot under the stairs and cry quietly. I run my fingers over my wrists. I hear footsteps and stop crying and wipe my eyes. I hear someone gasp.

"Maddy..." Jake says. I look at him. He is staring at my arms.

"Why would you do that to yourself?" He asks sitting next to me holding me.

"Maddy answer me please?" He says with a lump in his throat.

"Do you know how hard it is for your own brother to laugh at you when your being bullied?" I say beginning to cry. He holds me tighter in his arms.

"I don't. But I could only imagine what it must feel like." He says. Jake pulls me on to his lap.

"It hurts a lot." I say.

---after school---

When the bus drives us home I don't make any contact with Logan. I slam the door in his face. I rush up the stairs. I slam my door too. I slide down the back of my door. I cry. He is supposed to stick up for me. Not laugh along with them. I cut again. I take the picture frame with a picture of me and Logan and smash it. With that someone knocks on my door. I yell go away. I sit on my bed with my knees to my chest and cry. Dad comes running in.

"Maddy what's wrong?" He says.

"Dad go away! Please!" I say.

"Okay." He says walking out if my room. He shuts the door.

I cry even harder. I just want this pain to end. I look at the blade in my hands and flip in a few times. I look at my arms. Debating on horizontal or vertical. I put the blade vertical to my arm. I press slowly and slowly dragging it. Jake comes running in my room and lifts my hand with the blade.

"Maddy. Please don't." He says. All I can do is cry. He takes my blade and throws it out the window.

"Jake go home. I don't want to be around anyone." I say.

"Maddy. I saw you from the window." He says.

"Please leave." I say loud.

"Maddy..." He says.

"Jake go home." I shout.

"Its Okay." He says hugging me. Shockingly he kisses my cheek.

"Bye." He says.

I look at the mess I made. Broken glass, blood, and clothes everywhere. I'm such a mess. I go outside of the house and sit on the lawn. Someone sits next to me. I look and see Logan. I look at him with disgust.

"What?" I snap.

"Maddy I'm sorry." He says.

"Logan you're not. I'm being bullied by your girlfriend and you laugh along with her. That hurts. Seeing your brother laugh at you when being bullied." I say.

"Maddy I'm really really sorry." He says.

"Whatever." I say.

I get up and go upstairs. And change. I put on shorts and a tank top. I hear a knock on my door. I open it to find Jake. Yes. I wanted it to be him. He engulfs me in a hug. I hug him. After we hug we sit on my bed. I lay on my bed and he sits next to me. He lays down and wraps his arms around me.