23

maddys pov (Maddys hair above)

a few weeks later

I get out of bed for school. I do my hair. I had just dyed it. I put on black leggings and a sweatshirt from Jake. we aren't official yet. but I have so much feelings for him. I look at myself in the mirror. why me. why did it have to happen to me. I open my closet. I pick up a box on the floor and open it. I take out one of the blades, I pull my sleeve down and cut. I put the blade away. I pick up my black vans. I roll my sleeve down. I grab my backpack and leave before anyone can see me. I begin to walk to school. I play asking Alexandria in my headphones. I get to school and walk in. I pull my sleeves down all the way. I go to my locker and shove some books in. I hear slicker close and I jump. things have been bad lately. I close my locker and walk.

I walk down the hall. people staring at me. giving me looks. laughing. I shove through the people someone grabs my arm I wince in pain. I quickly pull my arm away. I turn around to see jake. I continue walking. he keeps calling my name. I walk outside and sit at a table. he sits with me.

"what's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing im fine." I say. I look down at my phone changing the song.

I sit there. I over hear people talking about me. "God she deserves what she got. if not worse. she's putting herself out there." I look down at my arms. I tug my sleeve. Jake doesn't notice I take a hair tie and put my hair in a ponytail leaving my fringe out. I look at him. he's just sitting there on his phone. I get up and leave. I walk away. I go to the grads and sit there. I sit against a tree. why me. why did all this shit have to happen to me? I can't take it anymore. if there's a God up there please. make it better for me. I'm hurting and I need it to get better.

I feel someone sit next to me. I look up to see Jake.

"What's wrong? Tell me now." he says.

"Jake it's nothing. Seriously." I say.

"I know your hurting." he says. he grabs my arm and rolls down the sleeve. thankfully it was the one I didn't cut on. then he picks up the other arm. I pull away instantly. he grabs it again. and pulls down my sleeve. he looks at them.

"I thought you didn't do it anymore." he says. he gets up.

"Jake wait." I say. he walks away. I run home. I knew he didn't care.

I get in and slam the door. I run up to my room and lock the door.

"Fuck this." I say crying. "No one fucking cares about me." I pick up a picture of my dad and I, I throw the picture on the ground breaking the frame and glass. I hear someone banging on my door. "Maddy open up!" Tony yells.

"Fuck off." I yell. I grab the box from the closet. I take the blade and do more.

"What's the point now if no one cares anymore?" I say. "I hate him. I hate everyone. I hate them." I say. I cry. I ball my eyes out. The door bursts open. Tony is standing there. he picks me up and brings me to the bathroom. he takes bandages and wraps my arm in them. he cleans me up. he carries me back to my bed. he grabs the box and takes the blades out. he leaves with them.

I fall asleep.

"Maddy..? Please wake up." I hear someone say. I open my eyes. I see him. Jake.

"Go away." I say.

"No. please listen to me." he says with sadness in his voice.

"TONY!" I yell. tony comes running up.

"You're awake." he says. he hugs me.

"Please get him out of here." I say.

"No, Tony please let me talk to her." Jake says.

"Maddy listen to him okay?" tony says.

"Fine. 5 minutes." I say. Tony leaves the room.

"Maddy I'm so sorry I left you. I was upset. I thought you were getting better. I didn't know what to think. I promise you I will help you. I care so much about you. I just want you to be happy. I... I... I love you Maddy." he says and kisses my forehead. I look at the wall. I don't know anymore. I don't know if I love him. do I?