CHAPTER 28 : Don't Avoid Me

Aoi wince in pain when she felt something sting on her face, she touches the skin above her eyebrows and there was blood right there. "I hurt myself because of the sharp butterfly wings...." She sighs, she's been in this hidden place for sixth days straight.

She was hoping Inosuke would come but it's impossible because the boar probably still unconscious in bed, but she was glad Poko company her all the time so she won't be lonely.

"Poko." Aoi giggled when she saw the squirrel was lifting a rice ball, but some already shattered to piece because it was too heavy for her to carry. Aoi run towards the squirrel and grab the food.

"Is this for me again?"

Poko nods happily and climb towards Aoi, "Poko, don't come near me. I'm afraid if I hurt you..."

The squirrel just ignored and let herself sleep. Aoi smiled sheepishly and munch the food, recently Poko is becoming more smart, she knows that Aoi is hungry, and she brought several foods for her from the kitchen even though it's just a bit due to her small frame.

"I've been trying to train and find a way to go back to my original form but it was no use, I can't do anything." Aoi mumbled, she's afraid if she asks someone else help, her power might hurt them again in instant.

That thought made Aoi become more scared as she buried her face, she hated this really. Like a coward doing nothing but run away, what would Inosuke probably do? Ah, he must be stood up again and try something so he can restart it one more time.

Poko suddenly woke up and she bites Aoi's tunic, "Eh? What's wrong Poko??"

"Puk-Pukyuu!" she said and continue pulling her shirt trying to say something.

"What? You want me to go back?"

"Pukyu!" she nods and pulled more but Aoi still hesitate. "I-I can't! I don't want to face everyone yet before I turn myself to normal!"

"Pukyuu!" Poko shake her head in annoyance and pull more, she even bit harder that made Aoi flinch.

"Ouch! Alright, alright! I will go there, just for a sec..."

Aoi stood up then flap her wings, she walks through the flower path to the bushes door that connected to the Uchida garden, she peeks slowly to be careful so she won't be caught by anyone. When the coast is clear, Aoi walk forward to the tree but then startled when she look on her left someone was already waiting for her.

"Aoi."

"G-Granny Sae."

The old woman smiles warmly then reach her hand but Aoi immediately back away, "Aoi it's okay, it won't hurt me nor anyone ever again."

Aoi still shake her head disbelieve, she closes herself with her wings so Grandma Sae won't see her. "It's just because you haven't fully accepted your full power."