【9】

|9|

It was 3 am. You were shuffling on the couch trying to get yourself comfortable in order to sleep. You turn on your phone, using the screen light to see what was around you. You turn it to Allison, seeing her sound asleep. The only sound you could hear in the house was the growling noise coming from your stomach. Ugh, screw you stomach your mind yelled out. You turn over on your side, your back facing out. You shut your eyes in hopes that you would be able to rest. Your eyes shoot open in irritation when your stomach starts growling again.

"Fuck it," you slip out of the blankets, making your way out of Allison's room. You quietly opened and shut the door on your way out. You tiptoed your way down the stairs heading to the kitchen. The floors in the kitchen were cold from no one walking on it in a few hours. The only source of light was the moonlight shining through the windows located above the sink and the glass door that led to the side of the house. There was a faint creaking noise coming from the other side of the door. You tiptoed as quietly as you could, grabbing a sharp object holding it in front of you. The door opened and walking in was a tall shadow. You raise the object in your hand bringing it up to the shadow, slightly cutting a wound in its skin.

"What the hell was that for?" you tilted your head up slightly seeing Tsukishima in front of you. Blood was dripping down his arm. You look at his arm and back at the knife seeing a smudge of blood on it.

"Shit. Um. Sorry, let me help with that," you put the knife down, rushing over to grab a clean kitchen towel to wipe the blood off of his arm. "Give me your arm," you say.

"What?" He asks.

"If you want to stop bleeding then let me fix up that wound that I caused," you state. He was hesitant at first but eventually gave in when more blood started to spill out. You take his arm in your grasp tugging him to sit down. You go over to look through the drawers to find the first aid kit so you could wrap the arm up. You pull his arm near the moonlight so you could see the wound easier. You damped the towel in the sink before wiping the blood. 

"Sorry if this stings a little," you move the towel up to the wound, patting it lightly. You could see Tsukishima tense up at first, but he loosened up when he got used to it. "So why were you down here this late?" You ask.

"Well I thought someone broke in, but I guess...it was just you being loud," he observes you wrapping the wound up. "What about you?" He asks.

You glance into his eyes for a moment, seeing how tired he looked. "Uh I was hungry," you say.

"At three in the morning?"

"Hey, some people have cravings for food in the middle of the night okay so don't judge me," you wrap the final section of the compression bandage on his arm. "Done," you say. As you start to put everything back into its personal space, you see the fridge's light shining down on the ground. You turn around to see Tsukishima pulling out something from the fridge.

"Want one?" He holds out a couple of fruit sandwiches

"Sure, thanks," you respond. You take the fruit sandwich from him, taking a bite of it as you rest your elbows on top of one of the counters.

"Wow you're a messy eater," he says, setting himself on the counter next to you.

You wipe your mouth with your hand. "Well I'm sorry that I didn't look up how to eat something in the middle of the night manual, I was too hungry for that."

You glance over at Tsukishima seeing him looking at you. You lean your head on the cabinets, closing your eyes for a moment. You turn your head slightly, opening your eyes. You saw how peaceful Tsukishima looked at this time of the day. He seemed less of an ass to you and more like someone you could deal with without getting a headache. "You know Tsuki, you never really answered my question earlier," you say.