【16】

|16|

Lunchtime had came around and you were dreading the feeling of having to be alone with Tsukishima doing who knows what. You were standing next to Kuroo who was going on about something from his chemistry class. Everything he seemed to ask a question you just ended up nodding your head at him. He looks over at you at one point. He saw how you weren't paying attention to him.

"Okay what's up with you?" he asks.

You turn to look at him. "Huh? Oh, nothing."

Kuroo doesn't believe you. He watches as your eyes follow a certain setter on the team. He saw the way your eyes were wandering around trying to figure out what Kenma was thinking about. Kuroo seemed to know that you were still worrying about why Kenma was mad at you and why he was ignoring you.

"You know you could always ask him why he's ignoring you." He sighs.

"I know," you say.

"Then why don't you?" he asks.

"Because I don't want to ruin anything that is probably already ruined..."

"I'm sorry what? Can you repeat everything you just said but in a way I can understand," he states.

You roll your eyes at him, "shut up, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see a smile on your face again," he notices how your lip curved up into a smile that didn't seem fake to him. He looks over to the side. "Now, I think someone is waiting for you."

You see him pointing over to Tsukishima. "Go have fun on your little date with him."

You turn back to look at Kuroo, "Fine."

"Go get him."

You walk up to Tsukishima who was leaning on the wall of the gym. He was waiting for you there. You didn't know for how long, but it didn't matter to you. 

"Ready for our little lunch date?" he asks.

"So this IS a date I see," you smirk. Tsukishima rolls his eyes at you and takes the tray in your hand away from you. He walked away without saying a word and you followed him. He leads you over to a nice-looking tree that covered most of the area it was standing on. You saw how there was a blanket laid on the ground and another tray of lunch, which was Tsukishimas. There was a row of flowers you had forgotten the name of laying on the grass. Tsukishima sets your tray down next to his and he sits on the ground and leans on the trunk of the tree.

"Did you do all of this by yourself?" You ask.

"Sugawara helped a little bit," he says.

"How much is a little?" you sit down next to him.

"Well, he found the blanket and the flowers. I had to be the one who set it up though."

"Ah." You tilt your head up and then relax. "Well, you did a very nice job," you compliment.

"Thank you. Now you know you never answered why you were avoiding me earlier," he says. You close your eyes. You had thought that he would have forgotten all about that or at least he wouldn't have brought it up right now. You opened your eyes again and glanced at him. You saw how the sun shone through the leaves of the tree onto his face. He looked nice with the light down upon him. It brought out his features, especially his eyes. You loved how it made his eyes shine brighter and become more noticeable. His eyes found their way to yours. You could feel the same beating in your heart again. It had always started to beat when you were next to him.