Chapter-19: The Invitation

"So, you are saying that you just mindlessly go into the black market without waiting for your guard just because a girl, who you don't even know the identity of, begged you to save her brother?"

Lucas explained what happened recently without leaving out anything, even the fact that he didn't wait for Carl. At first he thought about leaving some facts or even lying to his father but he didn't want to do that as he thought it would be much better if it was cleared out earlier. He also felt that his father would be able to figure it out sooner or later, considering his loyal subjects.

Cassius let out his words one by one which made the atmosphere to be more colder than before and his gaze making Lucas shivered in anxiety.

"Yes, father....." Lucas felt that his father's glare was deadlier than before.

'He wouldn't take away my permission to go out forever, right?'

"And the girl is from the bear tribe?"

"Yes.... But actually, she is not from the side of demons! She is neutral and it was the hunters that mistook her group!" Lucas rushed without even noticing that he raised his voice, wishing that whatever god there was, to bless him with luck so that Cassius would listen to him but only to be stopped dumbfoundedly when Cassius started to talk, again.

"I know."

"What?" Lucas was speechless. 'What the heck does he mean by 'I KNOW'???' He just looked at his father, not knowing exactly what he meant.

"Do you seriously think that I would let two unknown strangers, especially when one is from a bear tribe, be close to you without any information?" Cassius lifted an eyebrow, looking at his son, who was in a state of confusion.

"Ah... no, you won't." If one thought carefully, there was no doubt that his father would never let it happen when there was Anton who would be reporting him all the time. 'Then, does he mean he knew the origin of Eura? Did he get the information from the slave holders?'

Lucas imagined that it might be difficult and troubling to go through one's background, especially those from the slave markets because there was no record of background for the slaves so one had to go through only by asking around and collecting the right information. But he realized the person in front of him was Cassius, the one who did whatever he wanted almost all the time. If it was Cassius, it was possible.

But he didn't understand why his father would go through all this trouble when he could simply order Lucas to let go of Tus and Eura. It was not a difficult matter to do so.

"Umm, father.... So you knew that Eura was from a neutral group so do you also know that hunters that attacked them? I think they should be punished severely."

"This matter is related to the first prince Albert and second prince Eldric. I don't know if you might understand this but the competition between them has been very severe since the king hasn't chosen who will be his heir, yet." Cassius started to answer while looking like he was kind of annoyed.

"Lately, Prince Eldric was attempting to get good relationships with the neutral groups and that girl's group was the first one he got close to. But somehow, Prince Albert learned of this plan and tried to interfere. His aim was to break the relationships and so it seemed that he encouraged and made some greedy hunters to attack that group's base."

Lucas couldn't believe what he had just heard. Just because Albert didn't like Eldric, he just made someone innocent to become victims? Was he that much of a tyrant?

"Prince Eldric also tried to save them with everything he could but when they got there, they were late. I didn't realize that the girl you bought would be one of them. Well, it was just complicating matters between the two princes so it might be too confusing for your age."