Chapter 4: A story I had forgotten (2)

'I never thought I would be using the secret passage like that.....'

Lucas walked through the narrow underground path, which was created for fleeing when the territory was under attack and didn't have any chance to win over the enemy. Of course, Cassius believed that it was a shameful idea and decided to sealed the entrance to the underground path but the one who found it and open it again was our little playful master, Edwin.

"You never told about this path..." Maria was in awe to see something like this in the mansion.

"I also don't normally use this one because I'm worried that it might leave traces. But since Lucas is with us, we can't possibly leave the mansion in normal way."

"How do you leave the mansion normally?" Lucas was curious.

"I teleport. But my teleportation magic is not stable so I could only teleport myself safely for now." Maria answered. "I leave with permission so I can also easily leave from front gate, unlike someone."

Maria's magic was majored in sword arts so it was not strange that she was terrible at controlling other types of magic. Cassius trusted in Maria's calmness and decisions, so it was not difficult for Maria to go out. Edwin could also stroll around if he was with Maria.

"For me, I usually go out in disguise like a worker." Edwin said proudly. "Controlling mana is difficult so I don't teleport."

"Don't the guards notice the face of you? I mean you are really popular."

"Nah, don't underestimate me little bro. Apart from sword arts, sneaking out is already like a major magic to me. This much is so easy. I will teach you a way or two later." Edwin grinned. "And for your information, some of the guards are accomplices. Like Leo."

Leo was Edwin's body guard who was around 20 years old. He was said to be excellent in controlling fire magic and pretty reliable as a guard. Lucas didn't know how Edwin managed to persuade his own body guard to be his accomplice.

"Need to reprimand our guards, don't you think so? Big sis Maria"

"You are right Lucas. May be I should discuss it with father." Maria nodded.

"You guys are so mean!" Edwin pouted.

'My legs are getting tired......' Lucas thought. It was already a long time of walk. So long that he started to doubt whether he would be able to see the day light again.

Edwin and Maria seemed to notice the fatigue in Lucas's face. The big brother picked Lucas up which caught Lucas in surprise.

"Thanks brother." Lucas felt really thankful. "But aren't I heavy for you?"

"You are as light as a feather so don't worry. We can't let you to be tired before exploring around, can we?" Edwin laughed. "Now, let's hurry to the exit." And he speed up. Maria also didn't fail to follow up.

After a few more minutes, they finally reached the end of the tunnel and climbed up the old ladder which lead them to a far corner of a street where they couldn't see anyone.

They followed the little street and when they could see the main road, Lucas unconsciously 'wow'ed.

The road was busy with a lot of peoples who were doing their respective work. Shops and stalls were not being prepared to open and start a new day. All the people were energized and fresh smiles could be seen in their face. All the people seemed to be satisfied and contented with their own lives. This crowded view of the busy city was something enjoyable for Lucas to look at. It had been over five years since he saw such large amount of people at the same time.