Chapter-35: A Target

'I thought one trouble was down because Eura and Tus are going to bring what I need.....' Lucas carefully looked at his brother who had just come back from his seriousness. 'I didn't expect that you two would have some other problem.'

"Did something happen?" Lucas asked, acting like a child in curiosity.

'Did they get trouble in the plan of hunting the monsters? What the heck are the demons up to do, again? Seriously can't they just stay quietly and wait for the hero's development!?' Internal cursing inside, Lucas waiting for the answers from the mouths, having the awkward smiles, right now.

"There is nothing Lucas. We are fine! You know how Edwin usually acts after work." Maria smiled as always and Edwin nodded along.

Actually it was not that Edwin and Maria were that awkward. It was just that Lucas felt that there was something wrong with the atmosphere which made him decide that the silence was not the usual laziness of Edwin but there had to be some other case.

"Are you sure, big sister, Maria?" Lucas wondered if he should just let the matter go and just try the luck from Carl or someone but he decided to press on the matter for one last time for today. "Is it the demons acting up again? Did you have trouble planning?"

"No, it is not the demons so you don't need to worry!"

'Oh... It is not the demons...' Lucas apologized for cursing at the demons earlier. 'It is not the demons, so it is the humans?' He was surprised because he wasn't expecting that.

'I thought the novel only had the main problems of demons.' Lucas considered that since he was participating in it as his reality, it was a given that he would face more diverse situations. He had already met some though.

"Other ministers giving you headaches again?" Lucas wondered.

Lately, the competition of the two factions of respective princes was getting stronger throughout the years. So some of them were pressuring the Evandall family to join them. If the dukedom who was handling the main army of the kingdom, there would be a big gap in power struggle if Evandall joined one faction.

"Yea, Even though they knew that we are a neutral faction, they are still not giving up." Edwin couldn't help but sigh. "I just hope that they will not secretly plan and try to start a war with some country so that they can raise their worth."

Edwin was worried because he expected that some from the Prince Albert faction would try that if they had no advantage against Prince Eldric and knew that he would have to work more if there was a war or battle. And it would not have advantage to the kingdom itself.

"They won't do that if they still have some senses in their mind. So don't worry." Maria also sighed.

Even though Maria was saying that she had doubts on Queen Margaret as she was someone who was power hungry, with a good support from behind. But Maria believed that Lucas didn't need to make his mind heavy with such matters for which he was just a child.

'That's also brain wrecking.......' Remembering how Prince Albert became a crown prince with Edwin's support in the novel, Lucas shivered a bit. 'I can't let Prince Albert become a crown prince.' Lucas believed that if that prince became a crown prince, the kingdom would have its downfall sooner or later.

'Let's not think about it now. Now, Edwin will never support that damn prince so the possibility is low.' Lucas tried to ensure himself, bringing optimism for his mind. 'Making myself stronger comes first.... I hope Tus and Eura can come back tomorrow night.'

"By the way, Lucas, we are going to leave for the investigation of Ereck forest tomorrow. Will you be fine alone?" Maria asked, thinking if she should stay behind as Duke Cassius was also in the capital so Lucas would be alone in the mansion. It made Lucas shift his gaze to Maria, dragging himself away from his thoughts.