Chapter-25: Ereck Forest (1)

It had been almost over 3 years that Ryosuke had arrived in this world and Lucas was glad that Ryosuke had become more than familiar with this world's customs and etiquettes. Although they would not help much in the battle, it would at least help him in his years in academy.

In a month or so, Ryosuke would be joining as a student in the academy which meant that the novel or the record that Lucas had read would finally come alive. As far as Lucas could remember, the academy arc, at the start of the novel, where Ryosuke would have wider knowledge and skills for his profession as a hero and gained some trustable friends in there.

'Ah, our little hero is going to have his first day at school.' Somehow, Lucas had a complicated feeling of happiness and pity at the same time.

It was true that Ryosuke was going to have more friends and enjoy more of the outside world of this kingdom. But at the same time, he was getting near to his interactions with demons and battles.

"Lucas!"

As Ryosuke signaled immediately, Lucas was brought back from his thoughts and restored Ryosuke's mana which took only a few seconds.

'Right, I am in the middle of training with Brook! Let's leave those thoughts for later.'

Lucas knew how stupid it was to be distracted during the training. Currently his position was supporting Ryosuke by replenishing his stamina and mana, and also healed some minor injuries such as scratches as Brook prefered to use the real swords and he didn't hesitate to inflict some small injuries on Ryosuke, giving him more pressure and feel of real battles.

And that didn't mean Lucas was freed from Brook's harsh training. Apart from focusing on healing, Lucas also had to pay attention to his surroundings because of Brook's habit of sudden attacks towards Lucas. So, his right hand was always on ready with his sword while his left hand was used for aiming the magic toward Ryosuke.

"Be prepared, teacher!"

With his fully recovered mana, Ryosuke enhanced his arm strength, at the same time his legs in order to make faster movement. And he had already chanted the wind magic, doubling up his speed which made him almost invisible as he laid his full strength towards Brook.

'I am so proud of you, big brother Ryo!' Lucas grinned.

Lucas was also really satisfied with the recent improvements that Ryosuke had made. Within these three years, Ryosuke sword mana fusion was on par with some basic level knights which was really astonishing for average people. And with the addition of his other magic and Lucas's support, he was able to last some moments with Brook using his full strength.

Unfortunately, even with their strength combined, they still couldn't beat Brook but that didn't make Lucas depressed. Brook being one of the best experienced knights in the kingdom, being able to fight against him for some moments with only three years of training was already incredible.

The training ended when Brook knocked out Ryosuke's sword from his hand, making him to be defenseless and not being able to fight anymore. Actually, Ryosuke wanted to fight more but only to be scolded by Brook.

"You idiot, if you want to do more, let's do it without Lucas's support."

Only then, Ryosuke realized that he was relying too much on Lucas, again which made almost want to slap his own face.

'A kid like him is already able to replenish the full energy of someone like Ryosuke for thrice....' Brook thought while he still couldn't believe the improvement of those two as it was something unimaginable.

"I am sorry, Lucas! I did it again...." A guilty look was already on Ryosuke. Since they started training to pair up and fight against Brook, he felt really confident which made him strive forward more. Ryosuke reminded himself that he should be able to rely on himself more as he couldn't burden that little kid forever.