Chapter Four

"SAY hi to my future bf for me."

Cassy smirked when she read the Viber message from Kylie.

Hay naku, Kyle... Kung 'yung tukmol na Darren din lang ang magiging first boyfriend mo, might as well save your heart for the next guy, she thought.

Kylie knows that she's going to meet the jerk today. Today is their contract signing and story conference for their first ever project.

Yes, she accepted it. She doesn't have much choice anyway because the big boss herself approached her mom. It wouldn't be good for her dreams if she'll reject the offer once again.

In a way, she also feels blessed to be given the opportunity. Sometimes she wonders what did the network see in her to earn their trust.

Well, something they also saw in Darren.

She automatically frowned at the mere thought of that name. She's starting to worry that by the time their project is over, she would look twice her age due to frequent frowning.

She pushed the negative vibes off her mind. She tried to psych herself up while walking. She needs all the positive energies she can get.

She's now at the lobby of the ABS Building waiting for the lift. She's going to meet her mom upstairs who will accompany her to the contract signing since she's still a minor.

When the lift arrived, she entered, punched in the floor number and pressed the close button. She smiled when she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirrored glass wall. Not that she's being narcissistic or anything but she actually liked her look today. She was the one who put up her own look and did her make up as well. Contrary to popular opinion, she doesn't have a personal stylist.

She's wearing a denim jacket over a white tank top and beige skater skirt. She paired it with her favorite white Chuck Taylor. She pulled her hair together on one side for a braid and put on a very light make-up.

Just as the elevator door's about to close, she saw someone rushing in to catch the lift. She pressed the open button on instinct to let the person in.

"Thanks," he smiled and looked at her.

Their eyes met and all of a sudden, her world seemed to stop moving. All she can see is the cute boy in front of him and the only sound she can hear is the loud beating of her heart.

They held gaze for a while before her eyes travelled to that adorable imperfection at the left corner of his mouth. She would have to admit that his dimples, all three of it, are his best asset apart from his chinky eyes.

"Like what you see, my royal highness?" Darren asked with a self-satisfied smile on his face. He probably thinks that she found him good-looking by the way she stared at him.

"Hindi ka rin masyadong GGSS, 'no?" she snickered, hiding her embarassment. 'Gwapong-gwapo sa sarili' is what she meant.

He exaggeratedly widened his eyes and covered his mouth with his hands. "Oh. My. God. Her royal highness talked to me! The princess talked to a stranger. Wow! This must be the highlight of my entire existence," he mocked, taking a swipe at their past encounter.

She rolled her eyes and didn't say a word. She knew better than to respond to his taunting. She's pretty much aware of how boys think and interact with the opposite gender. She has a brother after all.

"Mahal na prinsesa, ako nga po pala si Darren," he introduced himself in the most sarcastic way possible which earned a glare from her. He just chuckled.

"Of course I know you. Tita Nadine showed me your picture," she replied curtly. She omitted the fact that she knows who he is even before she saw his picture.