Chapter Eighteen

CASSY bit her lips at the sight that greeted her in her kitchen. Pecs and rock-hard abs came into view the moment she saw him. He's still in his boxers and her eyes can't stop ogling no matter how hard she tried.

He was busy preparing breakfast and didn't notice her standing behind the kitchen counter. He seems to be in a good mood, humming a Michael Jackson song while swaying his hips as he put down a plate of delicious looking bacon and eggs on the table.

She leaned on the counter and continued observing him. A faint smile formed on her lips. There's just something in the way he moved in her kitchen that warmed her heart. He looks so comfortable in there that it's easy to imagine him living with her.

Ay jusko, Cassandra! Ke aga-aga mong mangarap! Samantalang may kailangan ka pang linawin sa lalaking 'yan, a voice in her head spoke.

She snapped back to reality with that thought. She cleared her throat to make him aware of her presence.

"Hey, Cas," he looked at her and gave her that patented megawatt smile of his. Her heart almost fell. "Nakialam na 'ko sa kitchen mo. Take a seat para makakain na tayo at nang makainom ka na ng gamot para sa hangover mo." He pulled the chair in front of him and motioned for her to sit.

"Darren, we need to talk," she said, ignoring what he said. She's anxious to get everything out of her chest immediately.

"Yes, we do, but it can wait. I'm starving and I know you are, too. Kaya unahin muna natin ang pagkain bago ang usap."

"Pero--"

"Hahalikan kita 'pag 'di ka pa naupo at kumain," he warned.  There was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

She glared at him but took a seat nonetheless.  The sound of Darren's laughter filled the room as she quickly started eating.

__________
"HINDI ka ba nilalamig?" Cassy couldn't help but ask Darren while they were having breakfast.

"Awww, natouch naman ako.  Thanks for the concern," Darren grinned.

She rolled her eyes at him.  "Urgh!  It's supposed to be sarcastic.  Bakit ka ba kasi nakahubad?"  Nadidistract tuloy ako, her mind added.

"I had to wash my clothes kasi you threw up on me last night."

"I what???"

"Nasukahan mo 'ko sa sobrang kalasingan mo."

"Tell me you're joking.  Oh my God, that's so embarrassing!" she covered her face with her hands and couldn't look at him.  God, what else did she do last night?

She heard Darren let out a chuckle, obviously amused at her reaction. She buried her face in her hands even more. She doesn't have the courage to face him. That was a major turn-off definitely.

She heard him pull his chair close to her. The next moment he was taking her hands off her face. She let him hold her hands but she kept her eyes closed.

"Look at me, Cas..." He let go of her hands to cup her face.

She shook her head.

"It's okay, Cas. No harm done. Besides, you're not the first girl to throw up on me."

Ah ganun? Kainis!