Chapter Fifteen

"WHAT's going on here? Are you guys fighting?" Cassy asked curiously at the two men standing face to face at her doorstep. She was surprised to find them staring seriously at each other when she opened the door. They looked like they're about to hit each other's faces.

"Cas! Bakit bumangon ka na? Baka mabinat ka," Darren said worriedly. He was about to come to her when JK reached her first.

JK touched her forehead but she gently swat his hand away. She doesn't know why she felt awkward knowing that Darren was looking at them.

"I feel fine now. No more fever," she smiled politely at JK then turned to Darren. "Thanks, Da--"

"Just because you don't have fever doesn't mean na pwede ka nang kumilos-kilos. Baka mabinat ka," JK interrupted her and gently pushed her back to her room. "Stay there at ako na'ng bahala," he added with a wink.

She shrugged and went back to bed. Her temp's gone down but she's still feeling a bit drowsy, probably the effect of the medicine that Darren gave her.

Upon the thought of Darren, she sprung from her bed. She wasn't able to thank him a while ago because JK interrupted him. She can't remember if she just dreamed of thanking him this morning or she really did thank him for taking care of her.  She knew she owes him a lot. He was there when she needed someone.

She dashed out of her room hoping to find Darren in her living room but all she found was JK who was talking to someone on the phone.

"Where's Darren?" she asked JK.

"Hold on a sec," he said to the other party on the phone and then turned to face her.  "I actually don't know where he went.  He just stormed out of your pad.  Ewan ko ba du'n, may sumpong yata," he said with a smirk.  "By the way, I'm ordering food for us since I don't know how to cook.  What do you want?"

"Thanks, JK.  Ikaw na'ng bahalang umorder for me.  Alam mo na rin naman kung ano ang mga kinakain ko at hindi," she smiled faintly then head back to her room.  She doesn't know why she felt disappointed that Darren didn't stay.  If she remembers it correctly, he said this morning that he'll come back to check on her.

He did check on you naman 'di ba?  Eh kaso nga wala ka ng sakit so bakit pa siya kailangang magstay?  He only took care of you for humane reason.  'Wag kang ilusyonada!

She felt embarrassed by that thought, but her mind was right.  He took care of her because that's what any good-natured human being would do.  Plus they will be working together in a couple of days.  He even mentioned that he doesn't want to perform without her.  It was all about work.  It's not like she was special or anything.

She felt tiny pricks in her heart but she tried to shrug it off.  It's better if she will just focus on getting well so she can put that freaking performance off her mind.

She went back to her bed and tried to go back to sleep.

___________________________

Today is the day of the party organized by Brad. It's a formal event to be attended by all the famous personalities in the Filipino community in New York. All the big names will be in attendance so Cassy made sure to look her best.

Irish helped her pick her dress for tonight. It was a light pink grecian one shoulder gown that emphasized her creamy complexion and -- in Irish's words -- to-die for body.

She was in a small room that serves as the dressing room of the performers.  She was busy doing a retouch when someone came into view.

"Hey, gorgeous."

Cassy put down the powder brush and stared at him through the mirror.  She ignored the sudden jolt in her heart upon seeing how good he looked in his three-piece suit.