Chapter Five

CASSY stared at the two people chatting at the door. They've been there for half an hour and she's starting to get irritated at the sight. The girl's obviously flirting with the guy and the guy seems to be basking with the attention.

"Why can't I watch, Darren? Rehearsal lang naman 'to, 'di ba?" she heard the girl ask.

Darren scratched his head and casually glanced her way as if asking for help.

Manigas ka diyan! she mouthed while lifting her brows. She crossed her arms on her chest and watched him deal with the girl.

"Ahm, sorry, Twinkle. Bawal kasi talaga eh. Baka pagalitan ako ni Teacher Georgette. Next time na lang, pwede?" Darren said apologetically.

"Sige na nga. But promise me you'll call me ha?"

"I will when I'm not busy."

"Okay. I'll go ahead na. Bye, cutiepie!"

Bye, cutiepie! Urgghh! She was mocking the girl in her mind.

"Thanks for bailing me out, ha," Darren said sarcastically as he sat beside her on the floor. They are at a dance studio to rehearse for their first tv production number. They're rushing with the rehearsal because Darren just came back to the country last week and the prod's in the next three days.

"Welcome," she grinned. "Sa dinami-dami ng fan girls mo hanggang ngayon hindi mo pa rin alam kung pa'no sila i-handle."

"I hate saying 'no' to my fans. I love them. Besides, Twinkle's not a fan. She's my friend. It's just that..." he sighed.

"It's just that she likes you a lot but you don't feel the same," she smirked.

"Selos ka naman?" he winked at her.

"Feeler!" she retorted. "Kung kasing gwapo ka ni Daniel Padilla, baka pwede pa."

"Kung kasing gwapo ako ni Kuya DJ, kasing ganda ni Ate Kathryn ang hahanapin ko."

"O, eh 'di wow! Pakialam ko-"

"Hello, kids! Sorry, I'm late," Teacher Georgette, their choreographer, greeted them as she enters the studio which interrupted the impending World War Three.

She gave Darren a death stare when she caught him sticking his tongue out at her. Parang bata, she thought as she rolled her eyes.

The next few hours have been extremely exhausting. Although they were able to follow the steps quickly, Teacher Georgette made them repeat the routines over and over because she doesn't seem satisfied.

They were both panting for air when Teacher Georgette called for a break and asked them sit on the floor.

"You know what, kids... you're both good dancers. Individually, magaling talaga kayong sumayaw. But the thing is... you're dancing as a pair. The way I look at both of you right now, I can't see any chemistry."

Neither she or Darren dared to speak. Teacher Georgette is a great choreographer but she is notorious for being a perfectionist and pushing the artists to their limits.

She bowed down her head and kept quiet. She knows what she's driving at. It's quite obvious even to the onlookers that she and Darren has a lot of awkward moments whenever they're together. On her part, she really finds it uncomfortable sometimes, especially whenever he looks into her eyes. There's just something in the way he looks at her that makes her feel uneasy.

"You gotta show me some chemistry with this dance, kids. How can you convince the public that your tandem will work if you look awkward together?" Teacher Georgette asked. "Okay, ganito... Stand up and face each other. Come on, hurry up!" She raised her voice one notch higher that made both of them stand up so quickly.