Chapter Fourteen

CASSY's eyes grew wide when she realized where she landed. She immediately scrambled to stand up. Darren did the same.

"I-I'm so sorry," she said. She can feel her cheeks burning. She couldn't look at him in the eye. She really felt embarrassed by the accidental kiss.

"I should be the one apologizing, Cas. I'm really really sorry. Were you hurt?" he asked as he took a step closer.

She involuntarily sucked her breath when he held her face gently. He was merely checking if she suffered any contusions from the fall but she couldn't control the hyperactive butterflies in her stomach. His serious expression as he examines her face and the way he held her like she's a delicate crystal is enough to cause turmoil in her heart.

Darn it, Cassandra! Pull yourself together, will you?! You're acting like a love-sick teenager, she scolded herself.

She cleared her throat and took a step back. "I'm okay, Ren. Thanks," she said. "If you really insist on taking me home, let's get going then."

Darren smiled and walked with her to the parking lot.
___________________________

CASSY woke up with a terrible headache and fever. She knew that this is where all her sneezing and coughing is leading to.

She took her phone to inform the she-devil that she's not reporting for work today. She refused to think of what her boss will say. She could fire her for all she cared.

She grunted when her head throbbed with her every movement. She stood up slowly and went to the bathroom to do her morning ritual. Her mind is still debating on whether she should go to the kitchen to fix herself some breakfast or just climb back to her bed and sleep. Times like this when she misses her family the most. She missed being pampered when she's not well, just like her mom used to do. Her mom may be one of the busiest actresses in the Philippines but she was a hands-on mom to her and her brother.

A buzz at the door distracted the on-going debate in her head. She sighed and went to see her visitor. She's almost certain that it's her new neighbor Irish. Everyday since Irish moved in next door, she never failed to drop by her pad. She always brings her food and chats with her. She was hesitant to open herself up to her at first but her persistence won her over. She's a nice lady, very warm and friendly. They hit it off instantly because they have a lot of things in common. They've been friends for a month now and she's one of the few people she trusts. It's like she's known her for a long time.

She didn't bother to change her clothes before going to the door. It wouldn't be the first time that Irish would see her in her pjs and tank top anyway. Besides, she would have to ask her to come back when she's feeling better. She doesn't want Irish to catch the virus especially since Irish works as a pre-school teacher.

She started talking as she opened the door. "Honey, I appreciate you coming here today but I'm not feeling well and I don't want to pass the virus to you..." Her voice trailed off when she saw who was standing at the door.
___________________________

DARREN's smile faded when she heard what Cassy said.

Honey?? Who the hell is she calling 'honey'??

He felt frantic, mad and scared. How the hell did his cousin not know about it? He asked her to keep an eye on Cassy but this 'honey' slipped through her.

"Darren? What are you doing here?" she asked, looking surprised.

If he wasn't being consumed by the green-eyed monster, he would have commented about how good she looked in her disheveled hair, yellow tank top and Sponge Bob pyjamas. He has woken up to a number of women on his bed but no one ever looked as beautiful as Cassy. That despite her looking so pale at the moment.