Chapter Twelve

CASSY heaved a deep sigh after stepping out of the building. She felt so drained after being in the office for nine hours. It was another hell of a day with her boss. It's been like that since her boss found out that she dumped her son. The great James Smith apparently is a great mama's boy.

She snorted at the thought of James. If he thinks she will resign from her job just because his mom is making her life a living hell, he's gravely mistaken. She's a fighter. If she survived ten years of being away from her family, she'll survive everything else. Besides, she loves her job. There's no reason to resign.

She shook her head as she walked across the street. That's where she usually parks her car. She threw her bag on the passenger seat once she reached her car.

She looked at her wristwatch. It read six o' clock in the evening. She needs to get home fast before JK comes over to pick her up. She agreed to have dinner with him because he's flying back to Manila in a few days.

She was about to start the engine when her phone rang. She took the phone from her bag and answered the call.

"Yes, JK?"

"Cas, I'm really, really sorry but something came up. We need to reshoot some scenes. Okay lang ba if we postpone our dinner date tonight?"

She felt somewhat disappointed. It's not like she's eager to have a date with him. It's just that her mind's already made up about her plans for tonight. She thought she'll be having an interactive dinner. Unfortunately, she'll have to eat alone... again.

God, will you stop that, Cassy?! Nagdadrama ka na naman eh, she scolded herself. She doesn't know why she's feeling restless lately. It probably had something to do with her current situation at work. No matter how many times she tells herself not to be affected by her boss' bitchiness, she can't help but feel bad. She just needs someone who will comfort and tell her that everything's gonna be alright... just like what her mom and dad would always do.

She's suddenly feeling homesick. Last night, she even considered going back to the Philippines to visit them. She was tempted to book a flight back home. Good thing she held on to her last piece of sanity. For years she trained herself not to act like a little girl who would come running home when things get rough. She's tough, she'll get over it.

She pushed the homesickness at the back of her mind and focused on the call. "Okay lang naman. At least I could practice that darn song," she said. She was referring to the song she's going to perform with the great Martin Rivera.

"Sorry talaga, Cas. Kung pwede lang akong tumakas-"

"Don't even think about it," she said immediately. "We can have dinner the next day. Or the night before your flight. I just don't want you sacrificing your work for me."

"Yes, Ma'm," he said with a chuckle. "As soon as we're done with the shoot, kahit anong oras pa 'yun, pupuntahan kita agad so we can hang out kung gising ka pa."

"No need, JK. You need to rest din. Lahat na yata ng free time mo inuubos mo sa 'kin. Ni hindi ka na nakapag-enjoy while you're here."

"The times I spent with you were the ones I had fun the most, Cas. I love being with you," he said. The sincerity in his voice made her blush. Good thing he can't see her otherwise he'll tease her non-stop.

Ano 'yan, Cassandra? Kinikilig ka ba? her mind spoke.

Hindi ah...

Okay, sige na nga, slight, she admitted to herself with a smile.

Her brother Marvin used to call it a 'happy crush' when they were younger because seeing their crush makes them happy. Seeing JK makes her happy so yeah, she's got a 'happy crush' on him.