Chapter Thirteen

AFTER what seemed like forever in his arms, Cassy pulled back. She looked around and her forehead creased.

"Where's Kuya Brad?" she asked, trying to control the panic in her voice when she realized that she was left alone in this room with Darren.

"He left," he answered casually.

"Obviously," she muttered under her breath. She turned around and was about to walk towards the door when she felt his hand on her arm.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Home. This isn't a rehearsal. It's a set-up," she smirked as she's starting to understand things now. The euphoria of meeting him again is gone and she's back to her senses.

She pulled her hand and made her way to the door. She was reaching for the door handle when Darren beat her to it. He stood with his back on the door, covering the handle in the process.

Her hand froze, realizing that she was about to touch him instead of the door handle. She glared at him and said, "Let me out."

"And let you walk out of my life again like you did before? Sorry, no," he said seriously.

"So you're going to detain me here against my will? That's illegal detention, you know. I could put you behind bars," she warned, trying to scare him.

"I don't care, Cas. If that's the only way na mawawala ang galit mo sa 'kin, then lock me up now."

She wasn't able to speak for a moment. She just looked at him in silence as she assessed her feelings.

Is she still mad at him? All the years that passed, are those not enough to heal the pain? Haven't she moved on yet?

She doesn't have a clear answer. All she knows is that she's no longer mad at him but she doesn't want to be near him. If anything, she can say that she's scared of him. Seeing him again after so many years made her realize that he still has the power to make her heart beats fast.

But of course she won't say that to him. She wouldn't embarass herself by admitting that he still affects her in so many ways.

And so she kept her poker face on. She watched him walk towards her. He stopped when they were standing face to face. She had to look up now. Darren had grown so much over the years that "bansot" no longer applies to him.

She stared straight into his eyes, daring him to make the next move.

What he did next surprised her though.

He knelt down in front of her and took her hands. "Cas, I never had the chance to tell you how sorry I was before. All the hurtful things that I said didn't come from my heart. I was just hurt and jealous. This may be ten years late but I would say it nonetheless... I'm so sorry, Cassy, for everything I did that hurt you."

She was speechless as she stared at his pleading eyes. She may have wanted his apology but this is just too much.

"Oo na, you're forgiven. Tumayo ka nga diyan," she said when she got over her shock. "Gosh, why do you have to do that?" She held his hands and helped him stand up.

"Sorry but I can't think of any other way to make you realize how remorseful I am eh," he said with a half smile. He looked like a big weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

"Don't do that again. A sincere apology would do," she replied.

"Yes, Ma'm," he said as he looked at their hands. The corner of his lips curved in a smile, showing his adorable dimple.

She would have stared at his fascinating imperfection longer if only she didn't feel conscious by the way their entwined fingers are sending shivers down her spine.