ONE. in the eyes of rodrick heffley... you're hot

ADELAIDE MONROE knew one thing about her sister that her sister didn't know about herself

And that was her utter adoration for her best friends Greg Heffley and Rowley Jefferson.

No matter what, Keegan would do anything to protect her now seventh-grade best friends.

But for now, we'll shift the narrative towards Adelaide.

Adelaide could be considered independent. She liked doing certain things on her own but didn't mind a partner.

In the sense of work-life and relationship life.

Though still being a teen, she felt as if she had completely known the ins and outs of being in a relationship at her dire age.

She felt like she knew when to do what and how to do it.

She didn't. She had her fair share of relationships, but she sucked when it came to the nitty-gritty. She knew nothing.

Throwing that out there was enough to let people know what Adelaide's relationships looked like.

But that wasn't what her relationship with Rodrick Heffley looked like.

It wasn't a romantic one but if you quickly glanced at the two of them; you would've thought that something was going on between them.

Whether people saw tension or an actual relationship (remember this is all at first glance), people saw something.

Adelaide saw nothing. She wanted nothing. Her friendship with Rodrick was definitely odd, with the two of them not having that much in common. You could look at them and see the difference in them.

It confused not only Keegan but Greg and Rowley also on how close Adelaide and Rodrick were. The two of them being friends for years and if not for them Keegan definitely wouldn't have been friends with Greg.

Not Keegan's story though.

Adelaide and Rodrick definitely didn't hit it off right away. Actually, Adelaide remembered hitting Rodrick dead in his face for whistling at her when they were younger (maybe elementary school).