FIVE. a little lie goes a long way

IT WAS no surprise that the Heffley's found out about the party at their house and because of that, Rodrick and Greg had been sent off to their grandparents for the weekend

But it should've have shocked anyone when Daliah had Ward's ear twisted in her hands and dragging him across the hall.

"You friend is being weird."

Adelaide looked up from her bag and gave Keegan a 20 dollar bill to buy the both of them a drink and popcorn.

She pushed her sister away and turned and faced her friend.

"Tell her what you said!" Daliah seethed.

"I was joking!" Ward cried, "We we're only joking!"

"No one's laughing!" Daliah shouted.

"What's going on?" Adelaide asked.

Daliah let go of Ward's ear and pushed him into a chair.

"Ads, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently Rodrick only kissed you because he was dare to." Daliah explained.

"Double dog dared." Ward muttered.

Daliah stared at him before barking at him to leave before she did something she wouldn't regret.

Adelaide had told Daliah about how her and Rodrick had almost kissed then actually kissed a couple of days ago.

"I don't-"

"Adelaide." Daliah frowned, "He was just talking to his friends about it. Said something about how y'all were kissing at the mall parking lot. They said he only had a few hours to ask you out on a date before he lost the bet."

Adelaide felt her shoulders drop and frowned slightly.

Daliah wrapped her arms around the girl. It became no secret that Adelaide had actually started to like Rodrick. That's why she kissed him back in the parking lot.

The almost kiss solidified that she liked him. It didn't matter when the two of them kissed, before this moment she knew that she really liked her annoying friend that bullied his own brother.

And just like that it was completely over.

Adelaide felt Daliah raising her hand. She unwrapped herself from the comforting hug and saw Rodrick standing there.

Adelaide, as hard as she tried, got Daliah to leave the two of them alone.

"What did I do to make her mad this time?" He asked.

"She just doesn't like you." She smiled, "You know that."

She was going to keep the act up for as long as she could. That maybe if he told the truth it would hurt a little less.

"So," She sighed, "ready to watch the talent show?"

"Actually, there was something I wanted to ask you."

Adelaide held a tight lip and nodded.

"I'm finally not grounded. So, I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a... date. Like, not just a hangout, but-"

Rodrick was cut off by slap in the face and a burning sensation in his cheek.

"Not the response I was looking for."

"I can't believe I let you play me like that." Adelaide cried, "You we're using me for your own benefit? What did you even gain for place a dare on me?"

Rodrick sighed, "Adelaide, it was never like that. I like you and this was only a push to-"

"Oh, please Rodrick." She scoffed, "I almost kissed you that night because I wanted to. It was never a game to me."

"It wasn't one to me either."

"Then what was it?"

"A chance."

Adelaide rolled her eyes, "Did you lose?"

"Lose?"

"Did you lose the dare?"

"Adelaide-"

"Did you?"

Rodrick sighed, "Yes."

"Good." She chuckled, "Can you ask your mom to take Keegan home?"

"Adelaide, I'm sorry."

"No you're not!" She cried, "You always seem to care about yourself and no one else around you matters. You bully your own brother and his friends and you lied and used me to gain what? Homie hopper point?" She asked, "Go screw yourself, Heffley."

With that Adelaide left the school. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to text Keegan that she wasn't feeling too well and wanted to know if Mrs. Heffley could take her home.

Adelaide was angry, tried, sad.

She wasted all that time on someone to just let it be ruined by some stupid dare.

Adelaide didn't need Rodrick... if anything he needed her.

Adelaide Monroe was over Rodrick Heffley and there was nothing that could be done to fix it.

- lucy has something to say !!

sometimes i get random burst of energy to write this story

last chapter of act one ‼️

for this movie to be called diary of a wimpy kid rodrick rules he's BARELY IN IT HELLO

anyways