𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝.

𓆙𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝.𓆙
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐖𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 (Pt. 4).

(This is a long chapter, pls forgive my mistakes, I've gone through with Grammarly but it doesn't catch everything and sometimes my eyes don't either. Again forgive me.)

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐘𝐙𝐀,

𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚊𝚣 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.

𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚝?

𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐣 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐟𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐲𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞. 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐣 𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. Fourteen, shackled and sold off to Tante Heleen, as a Lynx in a pleasure house. Inej had been ready to through herself off the highest building in Ketterdam as she was bought for a night in the sheets of a man three times her age.

Heleen had laughed at the expression of anguish that had overcome the girl's face at the prospect of giving herself away like that. "Oh, my dear Lynx, this just the beginning of a long life of servitude!"

The man had tried to come off as kind-hearted. Tried to hide malicious intent by buying Inej flowers and have her eat honey-dipped pasties.

She never liked honey anymore after that.

When he had noted that she had not budged in his affections, he had grabbed her by the wrist and led her to his home. Up the stairs into his room were then tried to force himself upon her.

Inej had tried to evade his grip, twisting and arching in unnatural curves to keep him away. It lasted minutes till he had grown frustrated and grabbed a gas lamp from his bedside table and launched at her so violently he had all but cracked her skull open.