Chapter 1: The Roomate

Beyoncé Giselle KnowlesHouston, TexasMay 24th, 2020

Houston, Texas
May 24th, 2020

I was at home cooking dinner for my kids as they chased each other around the house. I laughed at them it was cute seeing them play together. Blue was keeping watch though.

"Mommy." Blue called out as she walked over to me.

"Yes baby?" I turned and looked at her.

"When is daddy coming home?" she asked.

Shawn has been out late as usual, it's becoming more frequent though and a bit more frustrating. I dont want to keep lying to Blue though, it's obvious that Im lying by now.

"Well, I dont really know. He didn't tell me." I shrugged.

"Daddy needs to start telling people where he's going." she shook her head and walked off.

I laughed slightly her character reminded me of myself. Blue was smart and very independent, she knew when something was up and she is not going to have it either. I continued on cooking dinner. I made something simple tonight, spaghetti the kids said they didn't want fast food, shockingly.

I asked the twins to come over and taste it before I made everyone a plate. They both had a small bite as they smiled and nodded in a agreement. I laughed they were too cute.

I made everyone a plate as we all sat down together and ate.

Well not all of us ..

The kids ate alot tonight, I didn't expect that. I guess they really liked it. They had already had their baths so after everyone ate it was time to lay down. I tucked in the twins and kissed their cheeks as I headed into Blue's room to give her cheek as well.

"Goodnight Mama." she smiled.
"Goodnight Baby." I kissed her cheek as she dozed off.

It had started raining earlier, and now it was slightly pouring. I poured myself a glass of wine and sat in the living room, I opened up my laptop, plugged in my headphones and listened to my music as I waited.

A couple hours later ..

I was still up waiting, it was 3:00am. Later than usual, I expected 1am. What was I doing, it's a sunday night, the kids have school in the morning and I'm up waiting on some piece of man. I closed my laptop before heading into my room.

I laid there thinking and thinking and thinking. I was thinking about going to bed instead of waiting up for him when I heard his car pull up. He pulled into the garage as I sat there waiting for him to walk through this door.