Chapter 3: Close

Onika Tanaya MarajJune 6th, 2020

Onika Tanaya Maraj
June 6th, 2020

I've been staying with Beyoncé for almost a week now, I planned on going home in two days. Kenny sent flowers to Bey's place to apologize for our aruement which was extra but sweet. It was a thursday morning, Blue, Rumi, and Carter were all gone. Mrs. Knowles kept the twins during the day while Blue was at school.

Bey didn't have to go to the office today so she was working from home. I got up and started cooking breakfast for us both so Bey could take a break and eat. I finished up and made her a plate. I took it to her room and sat it on her nightstand.

"Thanks Nicki, I'll eat it later." she said.
I scrunched my face up at her words.
"No." I stood there and closed her laptop.
"Nicki!" she whined.

I shoved a piece of food in her mouth, cause how dare she.
She laughed and smiled a little, I was not going to let her starve.

"You are not gonna starve, work can wait." I smiled as I kissed her forehead and walked back into the living room.
I always had some slight feeling in my stomach whenever I kissed her forehead or she kissed mine, but I always ignored it.

Soon enough she came out of her room and sat her plate in the sink. I continued watching my show pretending I didn't see her. She came and sat beside me and paused my show.

"Bey, what was that?" I laughed.
"Girl, that show can wait. I have a question though." she said.
"Yea?" I asked with a uneasy feeling in my stomach.
"Do you ever feel some way for someone not knowing if its true or not?" she asked.

I froze, I immediately felt like she was talking about me but I wasn't sure. I knew its how I felt about her though.

"I mean, yes I have and do but I have a husband so." I shrugged.
"Right right." she laughed slightly and rose up.

Sne walked back to her bedroom as I felt regret for saying what I just said. What if she was talking about me and I ruined everything? Did we even have anything? Little kisses, not a lot of meaning right? Im not even sure anymore.

I called up Kenny wondering if he could get me a quicker flight home, all of a sudden I didn't feel welcome.

"Yea, any sooner flights out?" I questioned.
"There is one leaving at 6pm going back to Beverly Hills." he said.
"Okay, I'll get on that one. Bye, Love you." I hung up and thought about how to tell Bey. Maybe, just say it was an important buisness call, and I needed to head back.

I walked into her room as she sat there scrolling through her computer snd writing down things for work.

"Hey Bey, I have a flight to catch at 6." I said.
"Oh, leaving so soon?" she asked not breaking contact with her work which made me feel worse than I am really did.
"Yea, I'll be back to visit in no time though." I smile and hug her tightly.

She hugged me back but it didn't feel real, I gathered my items and made sure everything was together perfectly.

A couple hours later ..
5:45pm

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles   June 6th,2020

   June 6th,2020

The kids had came home from my mom's house and hugged me tightly. My mom usually picks them up after school and spend a little time there. They all ran into their rooms so they could bathe and get ready for bed. I was in the kitchen getting ready to order some pizza when Nicki walked in.

"Well, I'll see you soon Bey." she smiled faintly.
"See you soon. I love you." I smiled.
"I love you too." She blushed.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist as we hugged. Eventually we pulled away from each other as she walked out of the door. I felt sadness flow over me as if the best thing of my life just ended. I wish she knew how I felt, but hell I'm not even sure and like she said, she has a husband.

I called the pizza place nearby and ordered one large half pepperoni and half cheese, me and blue liked pepperoni and the twins liked cheese, like their father.

"Mommy!" Blue called out.

I walked down the hall and into her room. She was sitting on her bed doing homework.

"Homework issues?" I asked.
"Yes." she shook her head.

Blue always hated when she couldn't solve a homework problem because it stressed her out. I explained the equation to her so she could work it out, once she figured it out everything when smoothly. I went to check on the twins and they were playing together, it was so sweet.

The kids still dont know about their father and what happened between us, it would be too difficult. I didn't want them thinking they still wouldn't have their parents in their lives but I dont even know where Shawn's ass went.

He was the least of my worries, Nicki was still on my mind more than anything at the moment. I waited around for a call or text feom her. Soon enough, the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and there the pizza man stood. I paid him and brought the pizza in, it smelled delicious.

I called out for the kids as they ran into the kitchen and sat in the living room with me. I turned on a movie for all of us as the kids laughed and ate. Blue sat next to me and laid her head in my lap after awhile. I ran my fingers through her brown hair, it was so pretty. I looked around and noticed the twins sleep on the other end of the couch. Blue fell asleep in my lap.

I got up and threw a blanket over them all as I grabbed one from my room and laid in the middle of them all. It was a sweet moment in time that I wanted to have forever. As soon as I almost drifted off my phone vibrated, a text from Nicki.

"I wasn't planning on leaving Bey, I just needed to get my thoughts together. I was slowly developing something for you and I need to figure out something, I'll visit you soon, love. I love you." she sent.

I held my phone close to me as I understood what she meant. I was feeling the same way, we both needed to get ourselves together. I immediately dozed off ..