Chapter 2: Gone

Onika Tanaya MarajMay 29th, 2020

Onika Tanaya Maraj
May 29th, 2020

It was a Friday evening and I was sitting in Bey's living room watching netflix. She was getting her kids together for them to go visit her mom. Beyoncé was chasing the twins up and down the halls because they didn't want to get dressed.

"Rumi! Come on yall!" She laughed.

Rumi ran past me as I grabbed her and picked her up. She giggled and smiled at me. I took her over to Bey and handed her over.

"Thank you Nicki. They're a handfull." she shook her head.

She headed to the back and continued getting their things ready. I got a text from Kenny asking when I was coming home. I rolled my eyes and ignored the text, it was pointless to text me after all this time. Its been a whole day, go on.

There was a knock on the door so I rose up and answered the door. Beyonce's mother stood there with a smile on her face. I greeted her and let her in as I called out for Beyoncé.

"Oh, Hey mama!" she smiled as she walked over to her.

"Hey Baby, where's the kids and Jay?" she asked.

Bey dropped her head and brushed off the question as she took her to the kids bedrooms. I knew something was bothering her, I could tell by that look on her face. I continued watching my show as a couple minutes went by.

  "Alright, yall have fun ok?" Bey smiled. Her kids waved goodbye as they left out the door. She walked over to me and
sat down next to me. She looked at me as I looked at her.

              "What are you watching, Nic?" she asked.

           "Just random stuff, I'm bored." I shrugged.

She laughed as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. I glanced over a bit and noticed she was texting her husband.
Bey sighed and rolled her eyes as she read the text. Noww ..

"Bey, why did you seem so upset earlier when your mom asked you about Jay. You just brushed it off." I asked.

She dropped her head as she sat there and thought for a sec.

"Well, he's been cheating a lot lately. So, I dont like bringing him up when i'm asked about him." she shrugged.

I noticed a tear formed in her eye as she tried to quickly wipe it away. I felt bad for her, I couldn't believe it.

I immediately took her into my embracement as I hugged her tightly. She laid her head on my shoulder as I rubbes her back and brushed her hair out of her face. Beyoncé honestly deserved better, much better. Im shocked I never knew.

After a second she picked her head up and looked at me while brushing away excess tears. I looked into her eyes.

"Nicki, could you stay here longer?" she asked.

I was hoping she asked this ..

"Of course Bey." I smiled.

She squealed as she grabbed both of my hands and jumped up and down with me as if we were children. I felt my phone go off in my pocket, as I walked off and into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and unlocked my phone. It was another text from Kenneth.

[Hubby]: "Onika. When are you coming home?"
[Hubby]: "I know you see me texting."
[Hubby]: "Hello? Onika. Answer me.

I rolled my eyes at the texts he sent me. I dialed up his number and called him, it rang for a bit before he answered.
He answered with a bunch of agression in his voice, no sir.

"You really need to bring your ass home." He demanded.
"Chill, Im literally with a old friend of mine." I sighed.
"Who? Some nigga?" he scoffed.
"Look, it's Beyoncé. Calm down." I shook my head.

He really sat here and accused me of that dumb shit. He started ranting going on and on about how I was gone and I cant just leave like that, eventually I hung up.

I didn't wanna hear nothing he had to say to me, I walked out and saw Beyoncé on her laptop. It was cute seeing her just sitting there looking outstanding all on her own. She motioned for me to come over and sit by her, I laid my head on her shoulder.

She turned and kissed my forehead. I blushed instantly not expecting that from her. Her eyes got wide as she turned at looked at me. I chuckled slightly.

"I am so sorry." she laughed.

"No, you're good. It was sweet." I blushed.

She looked at me as I stared into her golden eyes, with hints of a brownish shade. I looked down at my phone smiling with the thought of the kiss lingering in my mind. Soon enough, her husband walked through the door with a suprised expression on his face. I make direct eye contact with him as I look back at my phone.
Beyonce Giselle Knowles
"Shawn." I said in a stern voice.
"Oh hush,Beyoncé." he shrugged and walked towards the back. I stopped him halfway before getting all the way down. He looks me up and down and I felt angry and upset.

"All I ever asked was for you to be honest with me and you cant even do that Shawn!" I yell.

"Giselle get the fuck out my face with all that yelling bro!" he yelled back.

I stood there and looked at him, like he just lost his damn mind. Im sick and tired of this, it's not what I need or want.

"You know what, get your shit. You're getting out of here. Now. Get your shit, Shawn! Asap." I demand. He looks at me like Im crazy as he scoffs and begins packing his things.

He got everything and walked past me before leaving the house. I looked at Nicki with my hair ruffled, as she walked over to me and picked up my hand and kissed it lightly.

"Im proud of you, love." she smiled. I smiled back as I took her in and hugged her tightly. I felt free and strong all on my own, what am I supposed to tell the kids later? Maybe I should've thought about this, wait no. I did the right thing.