Chapter 12: Catch Me

Onika Tanya MarajNext Day

Onika Tanya Maraj
Next Day ..

Bey started back at work the today so its just been me and Papa Bear. I will admit its pretty easy taking care of him by myself, but not all the time. I was washing his bottles when I got a knock at the door. I placed his bottles down and dried my hands before answering the door.

"Onika, hey baby." My mama smiled.

"Mama! Hi." I hugged her tightly.

She came on in as I closed the door behind her as she came and sat at the island while I washed his bottles.

"How have you been lately?" she asked.

"I've been great, taking care of your grandson and all." I laughed.

"Aww, where is my baby anyways?" she smiled.

"Laying down, its his nap time." I said.

"Oh okay, where's Bey?" she asked.

"At work she started back today so its just been me and him since this morning." I shrugged.

I finished washing his bottles and put them away.

"How have you been though?" I asked.

"I've been good, you dont have to worry about me." She laughed.

"Im just saying, I got to make sure you're doing okay atleast." I raised my eyebrow.

• • •

Me and my mama talked for a couple afters before she left, it was only 3pm by now. Papa Bear was still sleep so I fixed me some ice cream and sat on the couch. Before I knew it Bey walked through the door.

"Baby? You're home early." I laughed.

"Not much work had to be done today so I just left." she shrugged while taking her shoes off.

She came over and sat down on the couch with me. My phone buzzed letting me know I got a text.

Kenny: Meet me tn. Yk where.

I agreed to meeting him, maybe he would leave me alone for good this time. Bey went and got into the shower and left me alone in the living room. Was it wrong that I was going to see him? But honestly, whats the worse he can do?

Later That Night ..

It was around 9pm and Bey had already fell asleep after being at work all day. I got up and threw on some jeans and a cropped shirt and put on my slides. I grabbed my keys and headed out to my car. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to his house.

Once I pulled up I got out and knocked on the door, he came and let me in. I sat down on the couch while he poured two glasses of wine. He handed it to me as I grabbed it hesitantly. I took a sip and looked at him.

"Im glad you came." he said faintly.

"Get to the point Zoo." I rolled my eyes.

He came over and sat beside me.

"I missed you Onika, thats the point. I miss my wife." he said.

"Bullshit Kenny." I shrugged.

"No. Im serious." he leaned in and started kissing my neck.

I was fighting the urge to give in to him, he continued kissing my neck as I gave in easily knowing I shouldn't have. One thing led to another as he carried me upstairs .

• • •

I fell asleep after the fact and I woke up in a dark ass room but I was in the bed. I felt his arms wrapped around me, and I was completely naked which made me realize what happened. For one, I was butt naked. I grabbed my phone and it was 1am and I had several texts and missed calls from Bey.

I got immediately and used my flash light to find my clothes, I ran down the hall into the bathroom to get dressed. Kenny was a heavy sleeper so I wasn't worried about him. I walked downstairs and out the door to my car.

When I pulled up a the house I walked inside as I closed the door behind me the lights turned on and Bey was sitting on the couch looking at me.

"Bey-" I said.

"Onika. Where you been?" she asked.

"Just with Megan." I shrugged.

She threw a glass a me.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

"Stop all that yelling before you wake my son up! You wasn't at no damn megan's cause I called her. You weren't at Rih's cause I called her too. So dont fucking lie." She yelled.

"Bey- look I was-" I stuttered.

I couldn't flat out tell the truth, she might kill me hell.

"Where the fuck were you?!" she yelled throwing another glass at me.

"I was with Kenny." I dropped my head.

"I fucking knew it!" she yelled throwing another one at me.

"Bey wait!" I yelled.

"You know what. Im done. Im gone hell." she said with her voice breaking slightly.

I chased after her as she walked down the hallway. She started grabbing her suitcase as I grabbed her by her arm.

"Let me the fuck go!" She yelled.

"No! You aren't leaving me Beyonce!" I yelled.

She pushed me as I fell back getting the rest of her stuff, I grabbed it from her.

"Give me my shit!" She yelled.

"No cause you aren't leaving me!" I yelled back.

She threw a shoe at me hitting me in my stomach.

"What the fuck!" I yelled.

She threw all her stuff into her suit case and walked out of the room.

"Beyonce! Get the fuck back here!" I yelled.

She stuck up her middle finger as she walked out the door slamming it. I broke down in tears knowing I had fucked up.