2

Charles' relationship with Sarah didn't really develop at all and it was now 1980, and Charles had just lost Lord Mountbatten

Charles' relationship with Sarah didn't really develop at all and it was now 1980, and Charles had just lost Lord Mountbatten. Diana and I had moved in with 3 girls in Earl's court. we were 18 and a half and anna and scott (more family friends) had invited us to go and stay with them in sussex.

Anna called me "hello, darling." she greeted me

"hiya." i responded

"are you with Diana?" Anna asked

"i think she's in the bath, but, she's in the flat, yes." i responded.

"okay i just wanted to let you know that the prince of wales is going to be staying round for one night, because he's playing polo." anna told me.

"oh, yeah that's great, i'll let diana know, thank you, see you later." i said as i hung up.

"Jemima!" Diana called me

"yes?" i called back

"oh there you are." she said as she came into my room, "was that Anna calling?"

"yes, she wanted to say that was Charles was staying over." i explained

"i haven't seen him for ages, it'll be nice to see him." she grinned

"hmmmm." i mumbled.

"be nicer this time, he's just broken up with his girlfriend and Mountbatten's been killed." she said, she was so unimpressed.

"i will, i promise." i smiled.

we sat down in anna and scott's dining room, Charles walked in and this time, diana did look impressed. i still wasn't fussed.

Charles walked over to the two of us, Diana stood up and nudged me to do the same, i forgot, again.

"Lady, Diana." Charles greeted

"lovely to see you again, you remember my friend Jemima." Diana said

"Nice to meet you again, miss Jemima."  The prince smiled

"thank you, sir. you too." I returned the smile.

as the night went on, Charles was chatting Diana up non-stop, he was all over her like a bad-rash and she seemed so confused, oblivious, she was a kid.

we all sat around the fire, diana and i had a blanket wrapped around the two of us whilst Charles sat next to her.

"you must be so lonely" diana said to charles "it's pathetic watching you walking out the aisle of st. paul's with lord mountbatten's coffin in front. "Ghastly. you need someone beside you."

wrong word diana. wrong word, i understood that this seemed like a personal conversation, so i got up
and went into the room that Diana and I were sharing.

after 45 minutes, Diana came back in. She gave me a grin and I smirked.

"oh. my. god." she said as she dropped her bag on the floor.

"what?!" i whisper yelled.

"you heard our conversation didn't you?" she replied.

"the one about Mountbatten?" I asked her

"yes, that's the one. well, he leapt upon me, started kissing me and everything!" she whisper-yelled.

"no way!" i gasped

"i know!" she chuckled

"i was like 'woahhh' you know? like 'this is not what people do!' And he was all over me for me the rest of the evening, following me around and everything." she told me.

"i knew it!" i told her.

she seemed like she'd fallen for him. hard. i was glad to see her happy, she'd been through a lot.