14

1988

i picked up the phone and smiled as diana screamed in happiness. "oh, jemima i've met the most amazing man," She told me. "tell me everything," i ordered. "i've met a man named james hewitt," she squealed. "oh i know him! he taught me to ride horses," i exclaimed. "he's just so lovely, he makes me feel so beautiful, and he's closer in age" she chuckled. "oh well that aught to help," i chuckled. "can i come over," she requested. "of course, bring william and harry," i told her. "obviously," she chuckled.

i don't think she used james as a closure for her marriage i think she used him as a statement. she refused to spend her life living a lie.

"charles had confronted me about the affair of course, and i cried, like never before, it was anger it was seven years of anger just pent up anger coming out," she explained. "i'm glad you've told him. he deserves to have a taste of his own medicine," i rolled my eyes. "i hug my children to death. i get into bed with them at night and hug them. i always say 'who loves you the most in the whole wide world' and they always say. 'mummy'...it's so important," she explained. "i've realised that i need to go to the doctor. i've gone to a specialist eating disorder, the same one that had treated sarah for anorexia. he said to me 'how many times have you tried to get rid of yourself' and i thought 'wow' so i said about 'four or five times' and he said 'how'  and i said 'all various instruments i tried and threats and all the rest of it. glass. and he said 'i can get you help in no time at all, the problem lies with your husband,' she told me. "you know, diana, in six months time. you'll be a totally different person," i sighed.