9

⚠️TW: TALK OF SUICIDE⚠️

A/N: I didn't put any picture or song with this because i feel as if this is a sensitive subject that shouldn't be romanticised. 

it was the 31'st December 1981, Jacob and I had gotten married, a small ceremony, not half as extravagant as Diana's wedding and I was in my 6th month of Pregnancy. Diana was in her 5th. Her and I were both sat inside a rather large room in Kensington palace, Di and Charles had been fighting and i was completely in shock. Charles left the room, walking towards the stairs, followed by Diana. i didn't want to follow as i felt as if this was none of my business.

tears streamed down my best friends face, "i get no support from anyone in this family, all you care about is polo. i feel just so desperate for love. that's all i'm asking you for."

Charles rolled his eyes "no! i'm sick of this and i'm sick of you. you're crying wolf, constantly crying wolf."

i gasped in shock, how could someone say that? to their wife, as well? i could hear them just completely, scream, bitch, shout at each other which they'd been doing for the last half an hour. I could hear my best friend blubbing her eyes out, it was like she was screaming for him to just love her. i couldn't bare it.

"i'm not going to listen. you're always doing this to me." Charles said "i'm going riding now."

i heard a thud and ran outside to where the stairs were, finding Diana had thrown herself down the stairs, tears streaming down her face.

"Diana!" i screamed

i ran down the stairs as fast as i could, she was carrying a child. that's so dangerous. she'd just felt so isolated, so hurt, so muted. she had me, my husband, her sisters. but the man who she was completely head over heels actually in love with, couldn't care less about her, let alone how she felt.

the Queen ran out towards us, in complete shock, no words could form, she just looked absolutely terrified, shaking. i knew this would be ok, i knew she wouldn't lose the baby. but, i was more worried about her mental health, really.

we rushed her to the doctor, to see if everything was ok with the future head of the monarchy.

"I'm sorry, Jemima. i'm so sorry." diana cried into my shoulder as we sat outside the doctor's surgery.

i turned to her, tears in my eyes, saddened by the thought she'd assume i would be angry at her about what happened "Diana....look at me." i whispered to her. She obeyed, taking her head off my shoulder and looking into my eyes "we're gonna be okay. you're gonna get through this...you're strong, what we need to do now, is put our mean faces on, take deep breaths, love ourselves, love each-other and smile. we need to smile because we're so lucky we have each other. Diana, i'm with you until the end of the line, okay? i'm not going to let you go through this alone."

"i love you." she cried.

a tear streamed down my face along with me giving my best friend a week smile "i love you." a choked sob fell from my chapped lips, "we're both great at this." i chuckled

diana let out an inaudible chuckle, "i know."

we arrived back to kensington palace, seeing Charles had already arrived home from riding. the queen had already told him the news.

Charles was stood inside, his arms crossed "so?" he questioned

i looked over at Diana, she gave me a nervous look, still having tears in her eyes, i knew she wouldn't be able to tell him.

"she's quite bruised around the stomach, the baby's fine though." i told him.

he scoffed and rolled his eyes before strolling off, in anger. it was just dismissal, total dismissal.