6

i got a call from diana, she was sobbing down the phone, i knew this was something to do with Charles making her feel like nothing again

i got a call from diana, she was sobbing down the phone, i knew this was something to do with Charles making her feel like nothing again. this was day two of the couple being married and it wasn't turning out to be the fairytale everyone expected it to be. already.

"I just i feel so hopeless, i feel completely alone." Diana sobbed, this was killing me.

"Dutch, you're not alone, okay? you have me, you have a husband, you have your brother, your sisters, the royal family as well." I tried

"you don't understand, Jemima. Why did i do this? you told me to be careful and i didn't listen." She cried

"Diana, i can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on, please just talk to me." I begged.

"We were opening our diaries to discuss, y-you know, various things. out pops to pictures of Camilla." Diana explained to me.

"you're fucking kidding me." I said, sternly, clearly fuming.

As my best friend heard the change in the tone of my voice, she'd immediately regretted telling me. She knew how protective I had become over her considering she had been so hurt in her childhood.

"No, no, Mia. Mia, stop. Please, Please." Diana pleaded

"no, Diana! he's using you! I knew that hussy was up to something and he's just as bad, the pure audacity, the pain that he's causing you. who the fuck does this man think he is?!" I screamed down the phone.

i'd never usually swear, in fact, i was quite against using words like this. But, when it came to Diana's happiness. i didn't care.

"that isn't all that's happened is it." i said, answering the rhetorical question.

"i-" she stuttered

"tell me, Diana!" i screamed

"no." she informed me

i sighed in response

"no. it's not." Diana also sighed.

"what was it?" i asked her

"cuff links have arrived, two C's. like the chanel c's. i knew they were from her and i said to him 'they're from camilla aren't they' and charles said 'yes. so what's wrong? they're a present from a friend.' and we just ended up having a huge row." my friend explained

"he- i-   what do we do?" i asked, purely full of disappointment on how they'd already treated this woman, after it being a few days.

it was like they were 3 children, playing a game in school. 3's a crowd and it was almost as if Camilla and Charles were ganging up on Diana. but,Diana was a child.