10

⚠️TW: talks of self harm⚠️

two months had passed and i was very pregnant. me and Diana went to go and see her sister Jane, it was nice for her to come up.

It was quite warm, though and Diana was wearing a v-neck and shorts.

Jane looked at Diana with concern, "Dutch, what's that marking on your chest?" and Diana responded with "oh it's nothing." Jane didn't believe her at all because Diana is honestly the worst liar. "what is it?" Jane repeated.

Diana slammed her cutlery onto the table, chucking her "stop it! i told you it was nothing, what are you getting at?! don't push me, especially when you know somethings wrong." Diana yelled at her sister before walking out.

i sighed, running a hand through my hair, "i'm so sorry Jane. i have no idea what's going on, i- maybe it's the stress of the pregnancy-"

Jane put her hand on mine, "nothing to worry about darling. you've been so good to all of us, you can't be blaming yourself now. maybe you should go and check on her."

"thank you." i smiled.

"dutch?" i called as i heard her crying on the other side of the door.

"come in." she sniffled

i sat down beside her on the floor, bearing in mind i was 8 months pregnant, so not very comfortable.

"c-can you show me what's happened?" i stuttered

Diana sighed, pulling down her collar.  there was a long cut, all the way down her chest, then a cut on each thigh.

"w-why?" i couldn't talk. i was again shocked.

"last night, i wanted to talk to Charles about something and he wouldn't listen to me. said i was crying wolf. so i picked up his pen knife off his dressing table and, um. cut myself. there was a lot of blood and....it hasn't seemed to make any reaction whatsoever." Diana told me

i sighed, rubbing the tears from my face "you're pregnant, Dutch. with the air to the throne."

"i know." she sniffled

i'd made my decision, "you're gonna have to stay with me until the baby comes, Di."

she looked at me confused "you're doing this again?"

"yes, Diana i'm doing it again! you need to be safe and they're no good for you. the baby is going through this as well. you're not staying there until your kid is born. do you understand?!" i shouted. i'd never shouted at her before like this, so i wasn't surprised when she looked shocked.

diana started sobbing as she pulled me into a hug, "thank you"

"i love you."