Chapter 17: Plus One

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: Woah that sure is one fancy looking letter!

All three members of the blue team had received the same looking letter today. Hannah had taken the opportunity she had to sit herself in my lap as she opened it. At first I was a bit embarrassed as she was doing it while around others, but they just smiled at the two of us.

So I guess they didn't really mind the two of us being all lovey dovey the whole time.

Hannah: Yeah it's a invitation to a party that is being held for Andrew Hanbridge!

Oh I remembered him!

Y/N: The handsome guy?

Hannah: Well that's what other people say! You know I don't agree with them though. Don't you~?

She looked back at me and pecked me on the cheek quickly before giggling and leaning back to rest her head on my chest.

Diana: This kind of celebration just seems like such a waste of time. I'd much rather stay here and study, but out of respect I will go.

Barbara: Me and Hannah are definitely gonna go!

I looked at the date on the letter and it said that it would be on the Saturday coming up.

Y/N: Gotta see who's free on Saturday. Hannah will be too busy at the party so I will have to hang around with someone else.

My thoughts immediately went to Akko, Lotte and Sucy. They would be free and they were my friends so there was nothing wrong with me asking them!

Hannah: Do you guys think I will be able to have a plus one?

Diana: Perhaps. Why do you ask?

Hannah: I-I k-kinda wanna take Y/N with me.

I was shocked to say the least. I know Hannah was my girlfriend and all but I'm sure she would want a little time to go to a party and spend time with her friends.

Y/N: Y-you know you don't have to do that! There's no way I would fit in anyway! You three come from posh families and I'd just be looked down on there. No even if you could find a way, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't be welcomed.

Hannah: B-But you'd be my plus one! They wouldn't dare say or anything bad to you Y/N!

Y/N: It's a nice thought Hannah but I'm good. I'm not going somewhere that I would constantly have people judging me on my background and what I would be wearing. It doesn't really float my boat.

Diana: He is right Hannah. What you are doing is awfully kind and thoughtful, but Y/N is of a much lower class than the rest of us. I do of course mean no offence Y/N.

I nodded my head and head Hannah pout and turn to face me.

Hannah: Why would they just judge you for something like that?

Y/N: Money. That's the only reason. I don't have any so they aren't interested. Which is fine with me! I don't really care...

I feel Hannah place her hands on my shoulders which made me look at her.

Hannah: I'll find a way Y/N! Just you wait!

I give her a smile and put my hands on her hips.

Y/N: Don't waste you time Hannah. I'd rather stay here anyway.

I then gently move her onto the seat next to me and stand up.

Y/N: I-I'll be back in a few moments. I-I j-just need to ask around.