ch.6

season one | chapter six

now playing: unexpected visit2:32 ——◦———— -3:50↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

2:32 ——◦———— -3:50
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

The girl rushed down the stairs to where the living room was; making sure her parents wouldn't wake up to the knocking noises.

She opened the door and her eyes widened— shocked by the presence of the dirty blonde haired boy in front of her door at this hour— "Jisung?" quietly whispering, she looked up at his red and flushed cheeks.

"Can I come in?" he asked softly while giving her a small smile— "Not now, my parents are sleeping" she held onto the door and frowned.

"But we can talk outside" opening the door a bit so she can walk out— closing the door behind her trying not to make any noise.

Without another command Jisung bent his knees and sat down on the top stairs of the porch— Aeri copying his actions— did the same, she had no idea why he was here but it must've been important she thought.

"So what is it?" she asked so the silence wouldn't suffocate them both.

"I just wanted to see you" his face turned to the girl and his warm breath brushed up against her face, the smell of soju hit her nostrils— He was drunk.

"It's super late at night, you shouldn't be drinking so much" a little worried— she put her hands on his forehead then later cupping his cheeks to feel if he had a temperature— The girl retracted her hands back as she felt his burning hot forehead, "Jisung I think you might have a fever."

"I do?" he goofed around, not caring about his state— She nodded at him and watched as he just chuckled— not laughing at her but about how she cared for him even though they were just complete strangers.

"You should go home, it's almost 1am, you're parents might be worried about you" she stood up; grabbing his arm to make him stand up too but he was too strong even when he was completely wasted.

"What parents?" he seethed.

"The ones that made you maybe?" she sarcastically said; realizing it wasn't the time for jokes she immediately put on her poker face— "My parents are dead" chuckling at the girl right beside him, her eyes widened. Why would he laugh at something like that?

She hit his arm, "Are you happy about that?" he shook his head vigorously— "No but it's not like they ever cared about me" she frowned— feeling the same way he was feeling.

She stroked his back; trying to think of the right words to tell him— "It's okay Jisung-ah, your friends care about you" she reassured him.

He nodded his head; it was true, they did care about him, they took care of him like if they were his actual family.

"We'll all get better one day" she said unsure of her words— not because she didn't believe he would—But because she didn't think she'd ever get better.

"What about you?" he turned his head towards the girl comforting him— "Me?" her head shot in his direction, knitting her eyebrows together.

The silence filled the air— "I think I'll be okay" she slightly smiled while looking away from the boy; trying her hardest not to cry.

"Aeriii" he cooed, making the girl look back in his direction— "Let's try and be okay together" he smiled— he looked like a little kid. A really cute one.

She nodded, "I'll try my hardest" the girl weakly replied— "Good because i'll try my hardest too."

Though they had just met a few days ago, she felt comfortable with him— just not enough to where she'd open up right away. But just enough to let him in; into her messed up life.

She grabbed his phone that was sticking out of his pocket— putting the phone right in his face so it'd pick up his face ID. Opening the phone app she looked through his contacts, he didn't have much except for the guys she met the other day and a few other people. Until a familiar contact popped up; Mark.

Pressing on the call button— she put the phone close by her ear and heard the phone ring— After a few seconds he finally picked up.

"Jisung?" he said with confusion in his tone— "Hey Mark, it's Aeri, Jisung is at my house right now and he's drunk" she looked over to the boy who had his head buried into his knees.

She heard him sigh on the other line, "I didn't know he was going to your house, i'm so sorry I'll be right there."

"It's okay Mark, hurry up" she said and hung up on the boy— Pulling away the phone from her ear she opened up the keypad and typed her phone number— saving it as a new contact in his phone.

She put his phone back where it was and just admired the sleepy-drunk Jisung right next to her.

After what felt like minutes, a white truck drove up in front of her house— making her look up and see Mark getting out of the vehicle to check up on the drunk male.

"Is he okay? did he do anything?" he bombarded the girl with questions almost immediately as he got out of the car; worried— "I think he's okay, but no he didn't do anything" she chuckled.

"Thank god" he wiped a fake sweat drop on his forehead.

"Come on its late" she told the boy next to her; trying to get him to stand up— "I don't wanna go homeee" the youngest whined— stomping his feet on the pavement.

"I'll take it from here, you can go to sleep" Mark said bowing at the raven haired girl— "Okay goodnight be careful and drive safe" standing up from the stair case; the girl smiled and slowly made her way to the door looking back at two.

Mark struggled getting Jisung up— it was a funny sight. But eventually he got him up and placed him into the back seat, laying his body down so he'd rest.

Before heading back to the drivers seat; Mark waved at Aeri, saying goodnight to each other.

She opened the door to her house and walked in— looking around making sure no one was awake. Rushing back to her room before her mom caught her— quickly locking the door and throwing herself on the soft mattress.

Covering her body with the blankets because she was cold— that's all she felt. Ignoring it she closed her eyes and tried going to sleep; no matter how hard it was.