ch.23

season one | chapter twenty-three

now playing: meet the group!2:32 ——◦———— -3:50↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

2:32 ——◦———— -3:50
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

"T-there's more people c-coming?" the girls body trembled at the thought of a big party with people she hadn't met before.

"Yeah, didn't pretty boy tell you that there were gonna be more people coming?"

The girl vigorously shook her head, "No, no he didn't say that." her eyes looked up to see Jisung frowning— as he rubbed his nape he tried finding the right words to say.

"I-I should g-"

"No wait Ae!"

Before the raven haired girl could grab her stuff, she was stopped by Jaemin. "I know how you are about that stuff, It's only a couple of our friends, you'll love them and they're super sweet"

The man tried his best to convince her, "Please just stay Aeri, you can be with me the whole time." Jisung dug his nose into the conversation— placing his hand on the girls shoulder for reassurance.

As he made eye contact with the girl, he noticed her shaky eyes— he knew she was panicking. "Fine" she breathed out.

All the boys cheered and clapped at the girls response, but the Park didn't take it well— he was scared of what would happen when she did meet the others, considering he knew how they were.

"They'll be here in 30" the eldest checked his device— the illumination from his phone shined onto his round glasses.

"Great."

.  .  .

A knock was heard on the door— while everyone was busy talking, the eldest went to go open the door for their party guests.

"Mark!!" the group of men all screeched in sync, all crowding the door trying to grasp him into their embrace. "Happy birthday man" the taller male hugged his fellow best friend.

"Thank you dude" the group of guys all entered the house, one trialing off behind the other. Everyone greeted each other, taking in their presences after months of not seeing each other.

As they all chattered amongst themselves, the younger man noticed the Han standing in the corner— making sure to not be visible to the newcomers.

"Excuse me for a second" he stepped away from the group, making his way to where the Han was located. "Aeri come on." his hand latched onto her arm, almost in an attempt at dragging her out of the kitchen.

"No I'm nervous" she snaked her arm out of his grip, crossing them in front of her chest. "I promise nothing will go wrong" he pleaded the woman, hands intertwined in front of the girl.

Before stepping out, her head peeped out looking at how crowded the living was. "It's only 22 people" his reassurance wasn't helpful, no matter how many people it was it still gave her the icks.

"Fine i'll go" after a few deep breaths, she gave in and decided to meet with the others. Jisung got ahold of Aeri's hand, intertwining his much larger hands with her smaller ones.

"Guys this is Aeri" the group all stopped talking as they noticed the Park walking in with a girl. "Hi" she weakly said— lips pursed together to form a small smile.

"Hi Aeri!" the group all said in unison, smiles forming on their faces as they waved at the woman. Suddenly, at that moment she didn't feel as nervous.

"Shall we get this party started now that everyone's here?" a raven haired boy with glasses said— everyone clapped and cheered.

"Let's get this party started!!"

One of the boys connected the aux on the big speakers, blasting his music.

As the music vibrated against the house, everyone started moving along to the rhythm.

They seemed to have so much fun, yet again all she could do was sit back and watch.

"You can go ahead" the girl saw how the blonde didn't wanna leave her side, it kinda bugged her a bit but found it comforting in a way.

She watched as the male walked away.

Her head turned everywhere, trying to find a good spot to go to— somewhere she wouldn't be spotted in.

"Hey" the tiny lady felt a new presence beside her— she swallowed her own saliva, "Hi."

"You're Jisung's girlfriend right?" the man asked a sudden question making the girl shoot a look in his direction.

"Wha- no I'm not his girlfriend" her voice lowered as she chuckled nervously, tugging on the hoops that dangled from her ears.

"Oh I'm sorry I assumed you were since i've never seen that guy near a girl." he nudged the girl to make the atmosphere less awkward between the two, it somewhat worked but she just laughed it off.

"Are you in college?" he asked another question— the girl shook her head. "Nope, are you?" a light giggle escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"So why aren't you out there with Ji and the others?" the questions kept coming one after the other, the girl felt interrogated.

"Eh parties are not my thing, I thought it would only be us 8 but when I got here I was informed there would be more."

The girls habit of rambling when she's nervous was obvious, the pads of her fingers touched as she fiddled with them to drown out her anxiety.

"I'm sorry- I forgot to ask but what's your name?"

"Johnny Suh" the girl looked up at the male and realized his much taller figure, he was even taller than Jisung— her neck felt like it was about to snap any moment from looking up at him.

"You?"

"Han Aeri"

The man froze in his spot, "Wait Han Aeri?"

Her eyebrows knitted together, nodding slowly in confusion. "What high school did you go to?"

"Topyeong, why?" the man snapped his fingers, "I remember you!" his tone was both mixed with confusion and excitement.

"Wait- what?"