Fall (Chapter 10)

EXT. GILMORE MANSION. NIGHT

We see Lorelai's Cars out of the house. Lorelai and Luke come out from the Car and go to help Rory to get down with the baby. They are all dressed a bit formal and they get all Amy's things and go to the door. Rory is carrying the baby while Luke and Lorelai get the baby's stuff. On their way they see a big rectangle covered with a big sheet that calls their attention.

Lorelai:

Ok, that's new!

Rory:

That wasn't there before, was it?

Lorelai:

Another grandpa painting?

Rory:

I don't think so

Luke:

It's really big.

We hear the door and we see Emily and Bertha come out of the house.

Emily:

Well, good evening everybody. Luke, how wonderful to see you all recovered (Gives a hug to Luke)

Luke:

Thank you Emily. (To Lorelai) Is she drunk?

Lorelai:

(Shaking her head) Ah ah...

Emily:

(Looking to Amy and coming close to her) And look at this gorgeous girl. She's getting more beautiful everyday, just like her mum.

Rory:

Thanks grandma.

Lorelai:

So mum, what's this? (Pointing to the rectangle covered)

Emily:

That Lorelai is the reason you're here tonight.

Rory:

Ah?

Lorelai:

Don't tell me Jack is gonna jump out from that and give you the ring... because if it's not that, then I don't follow...

Rory:

Me either.

Emily:

Ring? What would Jack give a ring?

Lorelai:

Because he's going to propose to you!

Emily:

No he's not. He's in Rome right now, on a business trip.

Rory:

So you are not getting married?

Emily:

No, Jack is a wonderful man but I have no intention to get married again.

Rory:

So, what's the occasion then?

Emily:

I told you, this right here! (Points the rectangle again)

Lorelai:

Ok mum, are you gonna explain or...

Emily:

Well Lorelai, as you remember I was having a really hard time letting this house go.

Lorelai: